Creative Writing discussion

resources > character creation

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Willa (last edited Jun 12, 2016 07:42PM) (new)

Willa Valentine (paper.seas) (paperseas) NAMES: www.babble.com/baby-names
Why I Like Babble.com: It includes names for a BUNCH of origins, and it also includes themes for the names and the meanings.

message 2: by dany (last edited Jun 12, 2016 12:05PM) (new)

dany (elothwen)
This is an excellent aming resource, it has a name generator for pretty much everything. Russian names? Vampire names? Magazine names? Town names? You got it.

message 3: by Ema (new)

Ema (gee-fiera) I use behindthename.com for all my names. It tells you meanings of names and features a random renamed, where you can select the type of name you want and it'll randomly generate it. Also, it have a surname site connected.

Lyd's Archive (7/'15 to 6/'18) (violabelcik) | 42 comments I know a lot about Russian names from reading and the naming system is weird, so if you have questions about it, you could ask me.

Lyd's Archive (7/'15 to 6/'18) (violabelcik) | 42 comments I've started this https://www.goodreads.com/story/show/... for finding ethnic names. If there's a particular ethnic group you want names for, let me know and I will add a chapter for it.

Lyd's Archive (7/'15 to 6/'18) (violabelcik) | 42 comments ❛ ᴅᴀɴʏ wrote: "This is an excellent aming resource, it has a name generator for pretty much everything. Russian names? Vampire names? Magazine names? Town names? You got it."

One thing I noticed about this is that the last names are always put first for the Russian names, then the first names and then the middle names