Books&coffee club discussion

Little Women
This topic is about Little Women
Little wommen read along Aug 4

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Anjitha, The head phone gal (new) - rated it 5 stars

Anjitha (gayleyo) | 16 comments Mod
Hey guys! this is the LW read along, feel free to post thoughts about the book here. The read along officially starts at Aug 4

message 2: by Anjitha, The head phone gal (new) - rated it 5 stars

hi guys, I want to inform you that today you start reading the Little women. If you have already started thats great. Those who wants to start a little later can do so. BBut officially the group starts reading the book today and please try to finish it by Aug 9. You can chime in on the discussion on Aug 4. but I am giving five extra days.

message 3: by Anjitha, The head phone gal (new) - rated it 5 stars

Hello everyone! I was not online for a few days. I hope all of you have read the little women by now. I am not going to be online for quite a while. So, I make elsa the lead of this discussion.

BTW: do you think jo should have accepted Laurie's proposal? When I read this while I was younger, I had thought the two would make a sweet couple. I was a bit taken aback when jo married the old professor. But when i re-read it, I felt they were meant together.

Apoorva | 2 comments I agree! I love their relationship and and I think they should've been together. But, Jo didn't accept his proposal cuz she didn't have any romantic feelings for him but loved him like a brother. That's unfortunate cuz I was rooting for them and I was disappointed when they didn't end up together. There's other thing to consider-they both have strong tempers and they fight a lot but that's not a reason to not be with someone. What do you think?

message 5: by Anjitha, The head phone gal (new) - rated it 5 stars

Yup. The fact that they have similar attitudes should boost their relationship. not stall it. I was really sad when Beth died. She among the four sistrs deserved to live the most. The relation she shared with jo was really touching

message 6: by Anjitha, The head phone gal (new) - rated it 5 stars

what do you think faith ? elsa?

Elsa Carrion (ecarrion) Sorry guys
I read it and I'm still thinking why is this story considered classical.
It's a story of a family of 5 sisters. I found nothing special about this family. I did notice on my second time reading it that there are a lot of religious references that I didn't remember reading the first time.

I thought it was on the lengthy side, due to the fact that it's included, what seemed like five stories in one. I thought that if it was just Joe's story than it would have been maybe more interesting.

I wasn't very fond of reading about Beth, and I found her wimpy. I wasn't fond of Amy either, I found her shallow. I, for the longest, thought Joe had a preference for females, and I thought maybe that was the reason this was a classic, however that changed toward the end of the story. The only two characters I really could stand was Laurie and his Grandfather and then Laurie went and ruined his image in the end.
I'm not sure why I even gave it 3 stars