Challenge: 50 Books discussion

Group Reads > Informal May Read And July Suggestions.

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mackenzie, Group Read Curator (new)

Mackenzie | 295 comments Mod
So, just throwing it out there, I am reading Mirror Sight this month. If anyone else happens to be reading it, and would like to discuss it, I would be down. Otherwise, please add any suggestions you might have for a book in July.

message 2: by Evalina (new)

Evalina Zamana (evalinamaria) | 3 comments "One Hundred Years of Solitude" has been on my To Read list for some time. I'm glad it's as a group reading now.

In July I would like to read "In God We Trust: All Others Pay Cash" by Jean Shepherd. Can we add it to the list?

message 3: by Mackenzie, Group Read Curator (new)

Evalina wrote: ""One Hundred Years of Solitude" has been on my To Read list for some time. I'm glad it's as a group reading now.

In July I would like to read "In God We Trust: All Others Pay Cash" by Jean Shepher..."

Of course we can put it on the poll :)

message 4: by lisa, Questioner (new)

lisa (cravescoffee32) | 286 comments Mod
The End of the Affair by Graham Greene

Moo by Jane Smiley

☼♎ Carmen the Bootyshaker Temptress ☼♎ Is One Hundred Years if Solitude for June? Because I've had that book forever and never got around to reading it.

message 6: by Mackenzie, Group Read Curator (new)

☼♎ Carmen ☼♎ wrote: "Is One Hundred Years if Solitude for June? Because I've had that book forever and never got around to reading it."

Yes it is, Carmen.

message 7: by Darren (new)

Darren Tiffney Not sure if this come up recently, but the Slap by Christos Tsolkias

message 8: by Mackenzie, Group Read Curator (new)

Darren wrote: "Not sure if this come up recently, but the Slap by Christos Tsolkias"

No, haven't seen that title yet, Darren.

message 9: by Darren (new)

Darren Tiffney Ah, it's a story set in middle class suburban Australia, and centres around an event at a BBQ, I've literally just started it, but will stop if voted for the next read

message 10: by Mackenzie, Group Read Curator (new)

Alright, cool, we'll add it to... The List!

message 11: by Summer (new)

Summer W. | 3 comments For july's book, what about the secret life of bees? The book has been out for awhile and has great reviews.

message 12: by Monise (new)

Monise | 1 comments maybe in cold blood, by truman capote?