Clean Reads for Mormon Teenagers discussion

Book Discussions > What are some interesting books for teen girls w/ limited swearing (etc.)

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Avery (new)

Avery | 7 comments What are some good books for girls 13+, I love reading, but lately, I find books too juvenial or to unclean. Suggestions? Please keep in mind I read 4 years ahead of my grade level, so books with short words, or only 200 pages are not that interesting to me.

message 2: by Samantha (new)

Samantha Sherwood | 9 comments The Matched Series is really good and really clean. It may have a couple swear words in the whole series but other than that it is super clean!

message 3: by S.A. (new)

S.A. Thorup (sathorup) | 5 comments Check out my book Incarnate Journey. It's more of a YA novel, but from what you've posted I don't think that will be a problem :) the book is 355 pages overall, is high fantasy adventure, and has no explicit vulgarity, no sex, and the violence is not overdone. It's s story about a heroine finding redemption in the face of utter evil.

message 4: by Allison (new)

Allison | 141 comments Hi Avery!!!!!!! (I know her.)

I've read a lot, but you can seriously just look at my "read" list. Anything that I've rated three stars to five is clean.

Steelheart by Brandon Sanderson (Mormon author alert!) is a really interesting dystopia and is extremely clean besides some perverted comments. And since you read way above your age (like me), I'm going to be starting the really tall, six hundred pager Little Women pretty soon. My mom read it when she was younger and gave me her copy, and it's... hard. But I'm starting over again.

I'm trying to think... Jenni James writes some fairly good romances (Jane Austen Diaries), but they are 200 pages and took me only an hour to read. But I still love them;)

The Giver is good... just some... weird content because it's dystopia.

There are a lot of books that are only 200 pages that are interesting. The Michael Vey series is one of my favorites, though you're just going to have to get past the bland writing style. You'll learn some really weird stuff about rats in the second one! Being Sixteen by Ally Condie is about a Mormon girl who's sister has an eating disorder.

My friend (a laurel) has recently told me about the Ranger's Apprentice series.

I read above my age too, and only like clean stuff, so I'm looking for suggestions also;) I like mostly sci fi (not the stereotypical dystopia; that's why I love Steelheart and the Maze Runner), and I like the cheesy, childlike romances.

Good luck, Aves!