flight paths discussion

What are you reading? > jeepers its june

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Magdelanye, Senior Flight Attendant (new)

Magdelanye | 2215 comments how the time is streaming by

message 2: by Magdelanye, Senior Flight Attendant (new)

Magdelanye | 2215 comments this is the first time that it actually slipped my mind to post a new month.
Doesn't mean I don't cherish the space
having a challenging phase...thank goodness for Pema!
just started Alex and Zee
it might be a fluke that I loved Lemon so much.
Read Dream Wheels by Richard Wagamese and my admiration for him just keeps growing.

thanks again Ice Bear for your nice message. My wish would be to be able to spend this evening in a pub with Elli and Ice

message 3: by Ellie (new)

Ellie (elliearcher) | 1207 comments I, too, wish we could all be in a pub together. What fun that would be!

I also lost track of the time. School is drawing to a close and my surgery will be soon. Still, I'm reading some good stuff I got from NetGalley: my favorite Enrique Vila-Matas's yet-to-be-released collection of short stories, Vampire in Love and a Nicholson Baker: a memoir about his time as a substitute teacher (aptly called Substitute. I asked for-and got-six others so I'm totally overwhelmed. What was I thinking! Plus I'm still working my way through Against the Day.

You always read such interesting books, Magdelanye. I didn't get half your references! but it sounds like you're having a great time.

Hope you are well, too, Ice. Look forward to hearing from you.

message 4: by Ice, Pilgrim (new)

Ice Bear (neilar) | 733 comments Warm day in England (some would say like the beer !). The library has started charging a reservation fee, making the route to reading sometimes a choice between the kindle version and the reservation. Although I have a few holiday read books in the spare room I am still contemplating my next choice of tome.

message 5: by Ellie (new)

Ellie (elliearcher) | 1207 comments What a drag to charge a reservation fee!

Magdelanye: do you mean my favorite, Pema Chodron? She's been a big help to me over the years.

message 6: by Magdelanye, Senior Flight Attendant (new)

Magdelanye | 2215 comments a reservation fee is not nice at all!
suggestion for Ice: shantaram and the. sequel the white mountain would be excellent holiday reading
Ellie, yes of course Pema Chodrin! And Cordelia Strube is the author of Alex and Zee that I started yesterday and am gobbling up

message 7: by Magdelanye, Senior Flight Attendant (new)

Magdelanye | 2215 comments what I really want to know is Ellie, hows the Pynchon coming along?

message 8: by Ellie (new)

Ellie (elliearcher) | 1207 comments Magdelanye wrote: "what I really want to know is Ellie, hows the Pynchon coming along?"

It's not at the moment-I've been distracted by all the NetGalley books I've gotten.

But before that, I found myself really beginning to get into it. I think after my surgery, I'll have time to really concentrate on it.

message 9: by Magdelanye, Senior Flight Attendant (new)

Magdelanye | 2215 comments may all be well with you,regarding your surgery especially!
when is it?

message 10: by Ellie (new)

Ellie (elliearcher) | 1207 comments Magdelanye wrote: "may all be well with you,regarding your surgery especially!
when is it?"

On the 28th. Thanks for the well wishes. :)

Hopefully, all will go well and I'll be able to enjoy some reading time. I'm counting on that time to read Against the Day.

message 11: by Magdelanye, Senior Flight Attendant (new)

Magdelanye | 2215 comments have a wonderful relaxing weekend and all the best for the 28. sending you some good energy!
you too ice bear, good energy, grandpa. big day for you folks. hope it sits well with you

message 12: by Ellie (new)

Ellie (elliearcher) | 1207 comments Thanks Magdelanye!

What's up ice bear?

message 13: by Ice, Pilgrim (new)

Ice Bear (neilar) | 733 comments Burning in the sunshine !
Good luck for tomorrow.

message 14: by Ellie (new)

Ellie (elliearcher) | 1207 comments Ice wrote: "Burning in the sunshine !
Good luck for tomorrow."

Thanks.

Enjoy the sun!

message 15: by Magdelanye, Senior Flight Attendant (new)

Magdelanye | 2215 comments with time adjustments, I am hoping that you are now in the recovery room, plotting all the reading you will be free to do.
much love!

message 16: by Ellie (new)

Ellie (elliearcher) | 1207 comments Not yet-tomorrow am.

But I'll keep all your good thoughts-soon, hopefully, I'll be reading away!

message 17: by Magdelanye, Senior Flight Attendant (new)

Magdelanye | 2215 comments you may notice a new thread Ellie, CBC refugees was created today in response to the abrupt shut down of the group that brought us the bingo challenge, Friday reads, all the latest long and short lists. how can they do this? I managed to get a few contacts, it was so quick, they seem to have taken the whole site down.
OK, I'll keep the prayers running for you %-)

message 18: by Ellie (new)

Ellie (elliearcher) | 1207 comments What does (did) CBC stand for? I hope we'll get some of their refugees!

I am doing really well at the moment. Too much reading time is used up by exercises but I'm still getting a lot of book time.