Hamilton Fans discussion

General > Introduce Yourself

Comments Showing 1-50 of 67 (67 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Fatima (new)

Fatima  Havilliard (heirofashandfire) | 36 comments Mod
Hi! First than anything. Welcome to the group.

Here, you can introduce yourself to all in the group. :)

message 2: by Fatima (new)

Hi! I'm Fatima and I'm from Mexico. I discovered Hamilton like one or two months ago (Yes, I'm a new fan) and since that day, I can't stop listening the soundtrack!!

message 3: by Michelle (new)

Michelle | 6 comments I LOVE HAMILTON. ITS AMAZING.

message 4: by Dee☾ (new)

Dee☾ (bookishkhaleesi) | 1 comments Hi Fatima! I'm from California and a new fan also. But I literally cannot stop listening to the soundtrack! It really makes me sad I won't be able to see the broadway show. Thanks for inviting me here!

message 5: by Audrey (new)

Audrey  (thebookprincess19) | 2 comments Hi! I'm Audrey and also a sort of new fan but i am completely obsessed with the soundtrack and devastated that i will probably never see the show :(

message 6: by Michelle (new)

Michelle | 6 comments I'm kinda new. I started listening to it a few months ago. @Fatima, can you create a discussion part in this group where we could play finish the lyrics or something? or like guess the song

message 7: by Fatima (new)

Michelle wrote: "I'm kinda new. I started listening to it a few months ago. @Fatima, can you create a discussion part in this group where we could play finish the lyrics or something? or like guess the song"

Sure!!

message 8: by emi (new)

emi (emiareads) Hi! My name's Emi, I'm from Utah, and I've been Hamilton trash for around 2 or 3 months. I had a Hamilton themed graduation party, where I had a Hamilton cake...

message 9: by Allison (new)

Allison Dransfield Hi, I'm Allison! I discovered Hamilton about 6 months ago, but started listening to it religiously about 2 months ago! Thanks for the invite to the group!!!!

message 10: by zuza (new)

zuza (zuzannamj) Hi! I'm Zuzanna and I'm from Wales. I'd heard about Hamilton for ages but I first listened to it around 2 months ago and I've been obsessed since!!

message 11: by Mathil (new)

Mathil Pooracho (superparracho) | 24 comments Hi! Im Matilde, from to many places to name. I found out about Hamilton through Youtube about 6 months ago, and imidiatly started listening to the soundtrack.

message 12: by Alexa (new)

Alexa King | 1 comments Hi I'm Alexa, I found Hamilton through a Hetalia fan video in which England sang "You'll be Back" to America and I've been obsessed ever since.

message 13: by Amelia (new)

Amelia (faramirsqueen) | 1 comments Hi I'm Amelia! I've been a huge Hamilton fan since the end of September/beginning of October of 2015, so about 8 or 9 months? I still religiously listen to the soundtrack whenever I'm in the car.

message 14: by Rachel (new)

Rachel | 1 comments Hi! I'm Rachel! I'm still kind of a new fan, but I really love Hamilton. I got introduced to it by my friend and can't stop listening to the soundtrack whenever I can.

message 15: by Izzy (new)

Izzy | 44 comments Hi, I'm Izzy! I heard of Hamilton around 4 months ago and have been totally obsessed ever since.
it is like the only music I listen to any more.

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

Hi, I'm Elf. I use they/them pronouns. Any other gender-neutral pronouns are okay, as are he/him pronouns. Do not use she/her or it. I am greygender and also transmasculine. I'm also quoiro ace. I'm sixteen, very nearly seventeen, and I have been a Hamilton fan since December.

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

How did I get into Hamilton? Literally, my step-sibling mentioned they liked it to my best friend, who was like "Hey, I want to listen to it!" Since my mom and step-father were working on directions and driving and I had nothing else to so, I listened to it. I actually disliked it first time I listened to it. However, both my friend and step-sibling kept listening to it the entire trip (we were in Iceland) so I listened to it too. On New Years, we were on a tour for fireworks, so we watched the countdown from the top of this snowy hill. We started sliding down the hill (there was ice under the snow) while yelling Hamilton quotes (I started it). However, I still didn't like it, and when we got home, I started aggressively listening to rock music to purge it from my brain. It didn't work, and it felt like Hamilton was oozing out of my ears. So I bought the soundtrack to get it out of my head. And that's about when I got really into it.

message 18: by Izzy (new)

Izzy | 44 comments That is a hilarious getting into Hamilton story! All I did was see a book tag of it and really liked the music so I looked it up and now here I am. I know, very boring compared to yours Elf.

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

It's a fun story to tell. I think had the circumstances been much different, I probably wouldn't have gotten into it, to be honest. I'm really glad I got into it.

message 20: by Izzy (new)

Izzy | 44 comments You should be, Hamilton is amazing!

message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

Definitely

message 22: by Lyd's Archive (7/'15 to 6/'18) (last edited Jun 13, 2016 12:15PM) (new)

Lyd's Archive (7/'15 to 6/'18) (violabelcik) Hi, I'm Sonya! I didn't know this group existed and, as a matter of fact, I run another Hamilton fan group. Despite this, my award for favorite musical must go to Natasha, Pierre and the Great Comet of 1812 without which I would've never gotten into contemporary music in the first place. My profile picture is Great Comet's most iconic picture of Phillipa Soo with the shot glass, but put through google drawings' image recolor

message 23: by Izzy (new)

Izzy | 44 comments I've heard about that a lot lately through Hamilton. Is it any good Sonya?

Lyd's Archive (7/'15 to 6/'18) (violabelcik) yeah, it is. It predates Hamilton by three years but also has love letters and duels on a more intimate scale. It's mainly classical and electronic-infused theater music with some punk and klezmer influences and has no dialogue, so all the musical numbers connect.
It can be found on a playlist at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXxuR...

message 25: by Izzy (new)

Izzy | 44 comments Thanks!

Lyd's Archive (7/'15 to 6/'18) (violabelcik) You're welcome :)

Lyd's Archive (7/'15 to 6/'18) (violabelcik) btw, I think we also need a general chat thread or like thread requests or something

message 28: by Izzy (new)

Izzy | 44 comments Yeah, we should.

message 29: by Fatima (new)

I'll add the thread. :) Btw, Welcome all!!

Lyd's Archive (7/'15 to 6/'18) (violabelcik) It'd be nice if we had threads for other musicals connected to Hamilton (Rent, Les Mis, In the Heights, etc.)

message 31: by Fatima (new)

Okay. I'll add them too.

message 32: by Haley (new)

Haley (haleymh3) | 1 comments Hey everyone! My name is Haley, and I'm from Oregon, USA. I discovered Hamilton when Christine(PolandbananasBOOKS) posted the Hamilton book tag, and immediately fell in love, buying the cd just a few days later. My favorite songs are Non-stop, you'll be back, and Burn. Though stay alive(reprise) makes me sob!

message 33: by Izzy (new)

Izzy | 44 comments Haley, you are so lucky that you already have the CD! I really want it. I also discovered I through Christine's book tag. I love her videos!

message 34: by [deleted user] (new)

Welcome! Is this Christina a YouTuber or what?

message 35: by Fatima (new)

Welcome all!! I discovered Hamilton by a booktuber too!! :)

Lyd's Archive (7/'15 to 6/'18) (violabelcik) Qυιɳɠ Eʅϝ :: ฬє'гє คll єợยคl เภ ๏ยг ђย๓คภเtץ wrote: "Welcome! Is this Christina a YouTuber or what?"

yeah, she does youtube about books

message 37: by [deleted user] (new)

Okay

message 38: by Sofia (new)

Sofia I. Camacho (sofia_the_bookworm) Hi! My name's Sofia. I have been a Hamilton fan for a couple of months now. I have heard the whole soundtrack (various times), but never seen the show. I learned about it in Tumblr, but never truly engaged to hear the whole soundtrack until I saw Christine's Hamilton book tag. :D

message 39: by Audrey (new)

Audrey  (thebookprincess19) | 2 comments Ahh yes Christine's Hamilton book tag is so entertaining to watch! It got me to listen to the whole soundtrack whereas before i had just been listening to certain songs :)

message 40: by [deleted user] (new)

Welcome, Sofia! I should probably watch the youtube thing you're talking about at some point here.

message 41: by Fatima (new)

Welcome Sofia!!

Lyd's Archive (7/'15 to 6/'18) (violabelcik) Qυιɳɠ Eʅϝ :: ฬє'гє คll єợยคl เภ ๏ยг ђย๓คภเtץ wrote: "Welcome, Sofia! I should probably watch the youtube thing you're talking about at some point here."

I found the video a bit overenthusiastic and the over-applied lipstick she wore was a bit of a distraction but I have weird pet peeves in videos.

message 43: by Hannah (new)

Hannah (hansrox) | 4 comments Hello I'm hansrox! I discovered Hamilton from polandbanansbooks too! And ever since then I've been mentally thanking Christine for introducing this to me! I'm Canadian so most of the history is all new to me but I'm enjoying learning about American history. Too bad LMM can't write a musical on Canadian history too to help me out XD

Lyd's Archive (7/'15 to 6/'18) (violabelcik) I read in an interview that Lin had "faint ideas" or something of the like about his next work

message 45: by [deleted user] (new)

Hi, Hansrox!

message 46: by [deleted user] (new)

Glad you joined!

message 47: by Fatima (new)

Welcome Hansrox!!

message 48: by Ella (new)

Ella (theneverlandgal) | 11 comments Hi, I'm Ella. I love Hamilton and love Angelica. This is a amazing group.

message 49: by Angie (new)

Angie (goodreadscomangie) | 7 comments Hi, I'm Angie! I've been a Hamilfan since March 2017 and I am OBSESSED! I'm from Puerto Rico, so next year I will be seeing Hamilton with Lin Manuel Miranda when it comes to my island. Since discovering Hamilton, I've also become a fan of 21 Chump Street, Newsies, Dear Evan Hansen (which I will be seeing next weekend :D!), and Heathers.

message 50: by Alexander (new)

Alexander | 3 comments Hai, I'm someone! I love Hamilton! I am obsessed with it so much! Laurens, Philip, and Angelica are my favorite characters!

« previous 1