New Adult Book Club discussion

Nicole  Williams
This topic is about Nicole Williams
note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Author Q+A's > Q&A with Nicole Williams *CLOSED*

Comments Showing 1-40 of 40 (40 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by LeAnn (new)

LeAnn (leannelizabeth)

Hi everyone! We have an awesome Q&A over the next two weeks with author Nicole Williams! Nicole is the author of the Crash series, the Lost and Found series, the Eden Trilogy, The Fable of Us, Collared, and many others! Please leave your questions for her below! <3

message 2: by Nicole (new)

Nicole Williams Hi Everyone!!!

So happy to be here! Whatever questions you have, drop them here for me. Looking forward to getting to know you, and thanks for letting me hang out!

Verna Loves Books (vernalovesbooks) | 38 comments Hi Nicole :) So excited to have you and you know I just love you ;) My question is, what are you looking forward to everyone discovering in your new book Stealing Home? Can you give us a tease :)

message 4: by Lacey (new)

Lacey | 9 comments Hi Nicole!!! I love all your books, but I have to say Collared is my all-time favorite! <3 Do you think we'll ever get more of Torrin and Jade? And what are you currently working on?

message 5: by Mercedes (new)

Mercedes | 257 comments I was wondering if you have any writing hard limits? (Maybe you steer clear of a certain genre or certain types of scenes etc.?) If so, why? Stemming from this question, is there a certain genre or trope you'd like to write and haven't yet? If so, could you tell us what the genre/trope is?

Thanks so much! Loved Lost & Found and Collared :)

message 6: by Ashleigh (new)

Ashleigh | 99 comments Hi Nicole! I am a huge fan of yours and so excited to be reading all of your responses to everyone's questions! I absolutely loved your Lost and Found series (probably my favourite NA series of books ever!) and I just wondered what your inspiration for it was? Did you have a character in mind to start with, or was it the plot?

I can't wait to read more of your stuff over the summer! Thank you for taking the time to do this :)

message 7: by Marisela (new)

Marisela M. Chavez | 26 comments Hi Nicole! I was just wondering what was your inspiration for the Lost and Found Series? I just love Rowen and Jesse story..

message 8: by Katie (new)

Katie Hoffman (khof52) | 23 comments Hi Nicole! What is your favorite character that you've ever written?

message 9: by Beatriz (new)

Beatriz Morales | 1 comments HI Nicole! I was wondering if there was going to be a third installment to The Outsider Chronicles? I really enjoyed both of the books and I also loved the Crash Series :)

message 10: by Christa (new)

Christa Goettl | 42 comments Are any of your books (besides what's out already) coming out on audio book version?

message 11: by Gina (new)

Gina (ginasanders) | 25 comments If you could hang out with one of your characters for a day, who would it be and what would you do?

message 12: by Nicole (new)

Nicole Williams Verna wrote: "Hi Nicole :) So excited to have you and you know I just love you ;) My question is, what are you looking forward to everyone discovering in your new book Stealing Home? Can you give us a tease :)"

Hey Verna! You know I love you too! I am really looking forward to revealing another side of my writing with Stealing Home. This one is a sexier read with a bit more humor thrown in that my other books. After writing Collared, I really needed a break from the dark and heavy, and this one was such a welcome relief. I really fell in love with the story.

For a little tease . . . okay, I guess. Because you all are awesome! ;)

"Nothing about Luke Archer was what it seemed. I loved that about him. It was also what I feared about him."

message 13: by Nicole (new)

Nicole Williams Lacey wrote: "Hi Nicole!!! I love all your books, but I have to say Collared is my all-time favorite! <3 Do you think we'll ever get more of Torrin and Jade? And what are you currently working on?"

Thanks, Lacey! I adore that book and those characters. I'm not planning on writing anything else to their story at this time, but right now I'm about to release STEALING HOME (Releasing July 10th) and I also have another one I'm finishing up that will be a fall release, HATE STORY. I'm also working on a couple of YA books I'm working on for Random House. Always juggling multiple projects it feels like! LOL!

message 14: by Nicole (new)

Nicole Williams Mercedes wrote: "I was wondering if you have any writing hard limits? (Maybe you steer clear of a certain genre or certain types of scenes etc.?) If so, why? Stemming from this question, is there a certain genre or..."

Hmmm, good questions. I've learned to never say never in this career because things I never thought I'd want to write or would write at the start of my career have changed. So no, I guess I don't have any limits or nothing I wouldn't explore if one day I woke up and my gut was telling me I had to write it. My passion drives my work, so I let that be my compass. As for genres I'd love to write one day, I'd have to say mystery/suspense. I loved reading my Nancy Drew books as a girl and still love a good mystery.

message 15: by Nicole (new)

Nicole Williams Ashleigh wrote: "Hi Nicole! I am a huge fan of yours and so excited to be reading all of your responses to everyone's questions! I absolutely loved your Lost and Found series (probably my favourite NA series of boo..."

Of course, and thank you for reading my books and being here!

I've always felt like a country girl at heart even though I live in the semi-country. ;) So Lost & Found was like this fantasy fulfillment for me. Rowen was really my inspiration for the series. This damaged, angry girl who found peace and love in the most unlikely of places with the most unlikely of people. Her jaded personality with Jesse's sunny disposition was such a blast to write.

message 16: by Nicole (new)

Nicole Williams Marisela wrote: "Hi Nicole! I was just wondering what was your inspiration for the Lost and Found Series? I just love Rowen and Jesse story.."

Hey, Marisela! Check out my response to Ashleigh's question. I touched on it there. Thanks for your question!

message 17: by Nicole (new)

Nicole Williams Katie wrote: "Hi Nicole! What is your favorite character that you've ever written?"

Hardest question ever! Usually, it's some character I'm currently working on because they're the one who own my heart and headspace at the time, but since I'm editing right now, I'd have to say my favorite character ever is either Rowen Sterling-Walker or Torrin Costigan (from Collared).

message 18: by Nicole (new)

Nicole Williams Beatriz wrote: "HI Nicole! I was wondering if there was going to be a third installment to The Outsider Chronicles? I really enjoyed both of the books and I also loved the Crash Series :)"

Hey Beatriz! No, I don't think there will be a third installment. I really loved writing those, so you never know, but at present, I don't have plans of writing any more. Thanks for the question!

message 19: by Nicole (new)

Nicole Williams Christa wrote: "Are any of your books (besides what's out already) coming out on audio book version?"

I just added The Fable of Us to my audio collection, but other than that, that's all I have planned. I may do Stealing Home in audio once it's released in July. Thanks for asking!

message 20: by Nicole (new)

Nicole Williams Gina wrote: "If you could hang out with one of your characters for a day, who would it be and what would you do?"

Ooo, another hard question. I'd have to pick Jesse and Rowen from Lost & Found and I'd spend a day on the ranch with them. I've always wanted to vacation at one of those working ranches because I've got a mild obsession with that kind of a life. I'd want to ride horses and check fences and herd cattle and cross rivers and all of those crazy things!

message 21: by Michelle (new)

Michelle | 73 comments Hi Nicole! Who are some other NA authors or books that you've enjoyed or recommend?

message 22: by Nicole (new)

Nicole Williams Michelle wrote: "Hi Nicole! Who are some other NA authors or books that you've enjoyed or recommend?"

There are so many out there and so many new ones I've heard fantastic things about but haven't had a chance to read yet. Some of my favorites are Jessica Park, Rebecca Donovan, Michelle Leighton, Molly McAdams, and Cora Cormack.

message 23: by \Julie (new)

\Julie `Rees (julierees) | 1 comments Hi Nicole,

I am fairly new to your books, but so far I have read the Lost and Found series, Collared, The Fable of Us and am starting the Crash series.

I love your writing and how you can make a serious book still have so much humor and lightness in it.

I absolutely love The Fable of Us. Clara and Boone are unforgettable.

Julie

message 24: by Delia (new)

Delia (starsunraveling) | 6 comments Hi Nicole,
What inspires you the most?

message 25: by Marissa (new)

Marissa Manning | 40 comments Hi, Nicole! Love you so much!! My question is how did you transition from NA (Eden and Lost & Found) to more contempt/adult (like Collared and The Fable of Us)? Can't wait for Stealing Home! <3

message 26: by Priscilla (new)

Priscilla Slone | 2 comments Hi Nicole!! I have so much love for you and your books. I am so glad I stumbled upon your work <3
I was wondering how your plots come to you? I mean do you try to work it all out in your mind or do you just start writing and just let it flow freely?
Also I was curious if you could rewrite any book of yours, and change some things, would you, and which book would it be?
What influences your books most, real life events, or is it all just your creativity? I could ask so many questions ;)

message 27: by Nicole (new)

Nicole Williams \Julie wrote: "Hi Nicole,

I am fairly new to your books, but so far I have read the Lost and Found series, Collared, The Fable of Us and am starting the Crash series.

I love your writing and how you can make ..."

Thank you so much, Julie! I love to know my stories have touched readers, so thank you for sharing.

message 28: by Nicole (new)

Nicole Williams Delia wrote: "Hi Nicole,
What inspires you the most?"

So this is kind of all-encompassing, but life inspires me the most. I never know what it might see or consider or take-in on any given day, but it can be the smallest thing that can make me pause and think, I have to write a book about this. Great, true love stories inspire me, acts of courage, random acts of kindness, so many things inspire me. I also find a ton of inspiration when I'm outdoors. I'm surrounded by beautiful country and will often take a pen and pad of paper and find some tree to sit under and let the ideas flow.

message 29: by Nicole (new)

Nicole Williams Marissa wrote: "Hi, Nicole! Love you so much!! My question is how did you transition from NA (Eden and Lost & Found) to more contempt/adult (like Collared and The Fable of Us)? Can't wait for Stealing Home! <3"

Than you, Marissa!!! Right now, I'm going between working on a true YA book for my publisher, a NA, and a contemporary romance, but I like the variety going between genres allows me. I appreciate the break YA gives me after writing a heavy contempt, and vice versa. I find the transition fairly easy because by the time I've finished a YA, I'm ready for an adult. When I finish an adult, I'm ready for a YA/NA. It's a really nice balance for me.

I can't wait to release STEALING HOME! It was a great book to write after the heavy content in COLLARED.

message 30: by Nicole (new)

Nicole Williams Priscilla wrote: "Hi Nicole!! I have so much love for you and your books. I am so glad I stumbled upon your work <3
I was wondering how your plots come to you? I mean do you try to work it all out in your mind or d..."

Hi Priscilla! Nice to see you here! So for my plots, I used to write more free style with a very rough outline. I've learned over the years that I write better and more efficiently if I have a more detailed outline which allows some flexibility as the plot unfolds.

If I could rewrite/rework one book it would have to be Crossing Stars. I really loved the concept for that book, but I don't think I executed it quite how I'd hoped.

Real life inspires me the most. I find real people and real love stories to be the most inspiring to me and believe true stories are wilder/grander than any fictional one. Of course my imagination is a rather inspiring place for me, but usually my story concepts are spurred by real life events.

message 31: by Jessa (new)

Jessa (keyapaha16) | 59 comments Hey Nicole!

Thanks for this awesome giveaway!

Do you often listen to music or have a favorite drink when you're writing?

Thank you!

message 32: by Nicole (new)

Nicole Williams Jessa wrote: "Hey Nicole!

Thanks for this awesome giveaway!

Do you often listen to music or have a favorite drink when you're writing?

Thank you!"

You're welcome!

I do usually listen to music when I write. I put together a playlist for each book, then switch between that and streaming classical music. I usually have my water bottle close by when I write and then, depending on the time of day, I'll have coffee, Diet Dr. Pepper, or wine. Thanks for the questions, Jessa!

message 33: by Linda (new)

Linda Dake I want to know what's next. Do you plan on continuing the outsider chronicles? Those are my absolute favs!!!

message 34: by Nicole (new)

Nicole Williams Linda wrote: "I want to know what's next. Do you plan on continuing the outsider chronicles? Those are my absolute favs!!!"

What's next? So I'm releasing STEALING HOME (a sports romance) July 11th, and I'll be releasing HATE STORY sometime this fall. I'm not planning on releasing anymore in the Outside Chronicles, but I really enjoyed writing those two books. Thanks for asking!

message 35: by Eva (new)

Eva King | 11 comments Hello Nicole,

When did you decide you wanted to be a writer and why?

message 36: by Cassie (new)

Cassie (exbuffalo2001) | 198 comments What is your "must-have" when you're writing?

Sweet Spot Sisterhood Book Lover's Blog (bex_blogs) Have you ever had a very specific muse for a book or series? Actor, model, song, athlete, etc?

message 38: by Nicole (new)

Nicole Williams Eva wrote: "Hello Nicole,

When did you decide you wanted to be a writer and why?"

I wrote my first book when I was around three (though my dad had to write the words as I dictated the story to him). I competed in young writer competitions in elementary school and would randomly pen stories in my later years of school. I started out as an English major in college until I convinced myself I couldn't make a living as a writer . . . so I majored in Economics. Kind of ironic how all of those years later, I make my living as a writer, isn't it?

I will write until the day I die, though depending on when that is, my senile stories might best stay hidden in the files of my laptop. :) Thanks for the question!

message 39: by Nicole (new)

Nicole Williams Cassie wrote: "What is your "must-have" when you're writing?"

Inspiration! I can't write when I feel lukewarm about a story or a scene.

message 40: by Nicole (new)

Nicole Williams Sweet Spot Sisterhood wrote: "Have you ever had a very specific muse for a book or series? Actor, model, song, athlete, etc?"

Not really. My characters start out kind of fuzzy (in terms of looks in my head), and slowly start to evolve into solid looking characters toward the end of my novel. There are definitely certain songs that fit with the overall tone of each book I write, so certain ones I can remember replaying a hundred times until I finished a scene. I doubt I'll ever forget those songs or scenes!

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.