#AYEARATHON discussion

June 2016 - LGBTQQIAAP+ > Update On Reading Progress - Day 7 & Wrap Up

Comments Showing 1-30 of 30 (30 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by ke-sha (last edited Jun 11, 2016 07:11PM) (new)

ke-sha (angel707) | 2000 comments Mod
How did your reading go? Did you read everything you wanted to? Are you planning to continue on with this theme for the month?

For me its still day 6 so I still have one more day of reading. So far this is what I've read:
ReadAThon is almost over! How's your reading going?

These are my updates so far:
Day one I Finished up Prince of Fools (The Red Queen's War, #1) by Mark Lawrence (155Pages)
Day two: Nothing.
Day Three: I read Half Bad (The Half Bad Trilogy, #1) by Sally Green (398)
Day Four: Half Wild (The Half Bad Trilogy, #2) by Sally Green (412)
Day Five: Half Lost (The Half Bad Trilogy, #3) by Sally Green (352)

Page Total:

message 2: by Meneniareads (new)

Meneniareads (nenia) | 93 comments Finished the two books i wanted to read.

Read:
Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda
Two Boys Kissing

Today: 84 pages
Total: 542 pages

message 3: by Jessica (new)

Jessica Finished None of the Above 352 pages
52% done Beauty Queens 202 Pages
Total 554 pages. Not to bad. :D

Enjoyed/enjoying both books. I'm enjoying Beauty Queens more then I did None of the Above. Beauty Queens is really funny and surprisingly though provoking.

message 4: by Kirsten (last edited Jun 12, 2016 07:57PM) (new)

Kirsten (kielianne) | 164 comments For once I actually finished all the #ayearathon books I started this month, during this week! (usually I have a straggler that I'm still working my way through well into the rest of the month if not into the next)

Day 7:
Every Day (Every Day, #1) by David Levithan (151 pages) finished!

Total pages on day 7: 151 pages
Total pages read: 640 pages
Total books read: 3 Official Book Club Selection: A Memoir According to Kathy Griffin=Allies (in LGBTQQIAAP+)<--debateable; Transition: The Story of How I Became a Man (L&T); Every Day(L, G, & T at least)

message 5: by BooksAmL (new)

BooksAmL | 47 comments finished Every Day (Every Day, #1) by David Levithan The Vampire Hunter's Daughter Complete Collection (The Vampire Hunter's Daughter, #1-6) by Jennifer Malone Wright
and Eragon (The Inheritance Cycle, #1) by Christopher Paolini page 62

message 6: by Liliana (new)

Liliana Boada (lilyboada) | 16 comments I have the two books i wanted to read for this week
* Aristotle discover the secrets of the universe
*Will Grayson, Will Grayson

I love the firts book and the second was fun but i didn't love it all

message 7: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (readingfox91) | 42 comments I managed to finish 7 books in the week of #ayearathon! I am quite impressed with myself :3. The books I read are:
-Frat Boy and Toppy by Anne Tenino
-Carry On by Rainbow Rowell
-Just a Bit Twisted by Alessandra Hazard
-Just a Bit Obsessed by Alessandra Hazard
-Captive Prince by C.S. Pacat
-Prince's Gambit by C.S. Pacat
-Try by Ella Frank

message 8: by Amanda (last edited Jun 13, 2016 09:29AM) (new)

Amanda I started and finished Unspeakable by Abbie Rushton last night and although there were some weak bits, I loved it a lot.

ke-sha wrote: "How did your reading go? Did you read everything you wanted to? Are you planning to continue on with this theme for the month?

For me its still day 6 so I still have one more day of reading. So fa..."

Did you like the Half Life Trilogy? I know a lot of people (including me) are very bitter about the ending of book three.

message 9: by Paget (new)

Paget | 118 comments I had some trouble with the internet. So I was not able to update.

I had a really got start into the week with Maurice after that I started Will Grayson, Will Grayson but I didn't really enjoyed it. So I read The Night Circus instead. And after that I read The Girl in the Spider's Web.

message 10: by Maija (last edited Jun 13, 2016 11:46AM) (new)

Maija (maijavi) | 180 comments I started two of the books that were on my list, and will finish them and continue with the theme for the rest of the month.

The Red Tree - 33 pages
Maurice - 90 pages

I also read two comics that didn't have anything to do with the theme, The Umbrella Academy, Vol.1: The Apocalypse Suite and The Umbrella Academy, Vol. 2: Dallas, which were fine but not super good.

message 11: by Lizzy (new)

Lizzy Seitz (cookinggurl43) | 239 comments I finished three books in total! But only one of them was on my tbr as I ended up going to the library and so I switched out two books that were on my tbr! My wrap up will be up tomorrow on my channel

message 12: by Ashly (new)

Ashly (ashlyh) | 104 comments I finished When Love Comes to Town by Tom Lennon . I gave that 3 Stars. I read up to 41% of Learning How to Lose, in Six Easy Steps. Step One Tetris / Step Two Fun and Games by Alex Gabriel

I will be reading more glbt books this month. You and Me and Him by Kris Dinnison One Man Guy by Michael Barakiva Tell the Wolves I'm Home by Carol Rifka Brunt Signs by Anna Martin

message 13: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Just wanted to say sorry that I haven't been joining our monthly read a thons,just that Match, April,May and now June ,has been a little busy,with worry about our mom , its just her blood pressure but its been going up and down even though she's been taken her meds,so with worring about her, I've been a little stressed out which means having migraine headaches,which's isn't good,hopefully things will be a little better

message 14: by ke-sha (new)

Nenia wrote: "Finished the two books i wanted to read.

Read:
Two Boys Kissing

Today: 84 pages
Total: 542 pages"

Yay for reaching your vgoal! How did you like them? Their both on my someday ill read this list :)

message 15: by ke-sha (new)

Jessica wrote: "Finished None of the Above 352 pages
52% done Beauty Queens 202 Pages
Total 554 pages. Not to bad. :D

Enjoyed/enjoying both books. I'm enjoying Beauty Queens more ..."

You know I loved "Libba Brays" Gemma Doyle Trilogy. Have you read it?

I own some of her other books. Beauty Queens among them and i keep hearing good things so I think I should move it up Mt.TBR.

Glad you enjoyed your books :)

message 16: by ke-sha (new)

Kirsten wrote: "For once I actually finished all the #ayearathon books I started this month, during this week! (usually I have a straggler that I'm still working my way through well into the rest of the month if n..."

Yay for finishing all the books yoi started!!! Must be something in the air cause I finished all my books as well last week #TheShockIsReal. I thought about about picking up "Every day" Towards the end but wasnt in the mood and would have probably still bern reading it haha

message 17: by ke-sha (new)

Luana wrote: "finished Every Day (Every Day, #1) by David Levithan The Vampire Hunter's Daughter Complete Collection (The Vampire Hunter's Daughter, #1-6) by Jennifer Malone Wright
and Eragon (The Inheritance Cycle, #1) by Christopher Paolini page 62"

Is this your first time reading Eragon? Ive been meaning to reread so i can finish the series. I really liked it. Hopefully I feel the same after my reread Lol How are you liking it?

message 18: by ke-sha (new)

Liliana wrote: "I have the two books i wanted to read for this week
* Aristotle discover the secrets of the universe
*Will Grayson, Will Grayson

I love the firts book and the second was fun but i didn't love it..."

Will Grayson, Will Grayson, has forever been on my TBR I keep hearing mixed things through so I wonder which group ill fall in with.

Thanks for participating. Hope to see you next month for TBR Catch Up :)

message 19: by ke-sha (new)

Ashley wrote: "I managed to finish 7 books in the week of #ayearathon! I am quite impressed with myself :3. The books I read are:
-Frat Boy and Toppy by Anne Tenino
-Carry On by Rainbow Rowell
-Just a Bit Twist..."

Try is one of my Absolute favorites!!! How did you like it?

I still haven't read beyond "Just a bit Twisted", What did you think about "Just a bit Obsessed"?

message 20: by ke-sha (new)

Amanda wrote: "I started and finished Unspeakable by Abbie Rushton last night and although there were some weak bits, I loved it a lot.

ke-sha wrote: "How did your reading go? Did you read everything you wan..."

If you want to talk spoilers feel free to message me :)

But yes I loved the book and thought what happened probably would. Spent the whole time wishing I was wrong, but yet was still like NNNOOOOO!!!! Like I couldn't see what was coming. Im hoping for a sequel one day...hopefully. I mean I have a few ideas on how it can be fixed believe me!!! #LetMeHaveMyHope Lol

Maybe someone wrote some FanFiction. That usually helps when the ending didnt go the way it should!!! #BuriesHeadInFanFictionWorld

message 21: by ke-sha (new)

Paget wrote: "I had some trouble with the internet. So I was not able to update.

I had a really got start into the week with Maurice after that I started Will Grayson, Will Grayson bu..."

Aww the internet. Whenever it goes out Im just like WHY ME!!!! Lol

How did you like The Night Circus was going to read it this mobth but afterba page or two i was just not in the mood, but im hoping to come back to it later this year :)

message 22: by ke-sha (new)

Maija wrote: "I started two of the books that were on my list, and will finish them and continue with the theme for the rest of the month.

The Red Tree - 33 pages
Maurice - 90 pages

..."

Hope you enjoy your books they both sound intriguing. Especially "The Red Tree".

Happy Reading :)

message 23: by ke-sha (new)

Lizzy wrote: "I finished three books in total! But only one of them was on my tbr as I ended up going to the library and so I switched out two books that were on my tbr! My wrap up will be up tomorrow on my channel"

Look forward to seeing your Wrap Up. Be sure to link it when its up :)

message 24: by ke-sha (new)

Ashly wrote: "I finished When Love Comes to Town by Tom Lennon. I gave that 3 Stars. I read up to 41% of [bookcover:Learning How to Lose, in Six Easy Steps. Step One: Tetris / Step Two: Fun and Games|249862..."

I didnt know "Tell the Wolves Im Home" was a glbt book. Its been on my Ill get to it in my lifetime hopefully book list for a while know. Lol

Happy Reading :)

message 25: by ke-sha (new)

Elizabeth wrote: "Just wanted to say sorry that I haven't been joining our monthly read a thons,just that Match, April,May and now June ,has been a little busy,with worry about our mom , its just her blood pressure ..."

Thats fine we totally understand. Hope your mother`s blood pressure gets better as well as your migraines!

message 26: by Meneniareads (new)

Meneniareads (nenia) | 93 comments ke-sha wrote: "Nenia wrote: "Finished the two books i wanted to read.

Read:
Two Boys Kissing"

Yay for reaching your vgoal! How did you like them? Their both on my someday ill read this list :)..."

Thanks! I liked both...
Simon vs. was a bit on the stereo typic gay guy needs to be in the School theatre/musikal thing, and I kinda dislike that. (I really didn't like Will Grayson, Will Grayson).
Two Boys Kissing started out a bit slow for me, but it was really good!

message 27: by Haeeun (new)

Haeeun | 2 comments I haven't been able to read any since my final papers are due in 2 weeks :( aaaaaggghhh I can't wait till they're over so i can finally read again!!!!!! been binge watching booktubes instead.
Saw all the videos of 'readbyzoe' and am currently watching all of 'bookables'. LUV them both and booktubes in general. I'd go mad if I didn't have at least something book-related to sustain me through the next 2 weeks. Hope everyone's having a great time reading!

message 28: by Paget (new)

Paget | 118 comments ke-sha wrote: "Paget wrote: "I had some trouble with the internet. So I was not able to update.

I had a really got start into the week with Maurice after that I started Will Grayson, Will Grays..."</i>

I liked [book:The Night Circus
. The setting was amazing but it was a bit slow for me. I think I was more in the mood for some action.

message 29: by Lilia (new)

Lilia | 12 comments I only read Every Day which was really good, but I'm trying to catch up on other books in reading

message 30: by Fallon (new)

Fallon (uneprincesseecriture) | 13 comments I keep forgetting to post in these discussions whenever I participate.. Even though I blog every time I do these and am active other places. Oops. This readathon, I intended to get to bitch planet, empress of the world, south of sunshine, happy accidents, and everybody's got something. I started 2 books and finished none due to a severe migraine. Hopefully, next month will be better! Got to page 64 in Empress of the World and Chapter 2 in South of Sunshine. Loving them both!