Underground Knowledge — A discussion group discussion

Fight Club
This topic is about Fight Club
MISCELLANEOUS TOPICS > Consumers and Their Lives

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

T E N Z I N (SPACESspaces) | 7 comments The things we own eventually own us. Maybe not for everyone, but for a lot.
I don't know about any of you, but I am not going to college. These days, we all have to go to college to get a good job so we can make money. That's it. Make money to buy all the crap in the world we need and WANT. Well, instead of spending a few years of my life trying to learn to get a "good" job and make lots of money to buy crap that I need to impress people I don't know or like, I'd rather get a job I'd enjoy working at. Then again, maybe someone likes working at jobs you can go to from college. Maybe you like going to college. Then go for it! As for me, nah.

message 2: by T E N Z I N (last edited Jun 11, 2016 06:13PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

T E N Z I N (SPACESspaces) | 7 comments I'm obsessed with Fight Club. Its like my current Bible right now. Wow, imagine if the Bible WAS Fight Club. I wonder what the world would be like right now :)

message 3: by James, Group Founder (new)

James Morcan | 11189 comments Tell me more on what ideas you interpreted from Fight Club. I only saw the film once. Is the film.'a overall message from the screenwriter/director encouraging constructive positive actions? Or, is it just encouraging anarchy and being a rebel for no constructive purpose that benefits society?

Also, it's based on a novel too isn't it? So what is the overall message of the novel? How does the book differ to the movie?

message 4: by Lance, Group Founder (new)

message 5: by Feliks (last edited Jan 24, 2017 10:35PM) (new)

Feliks (dzerzhinsky) I write movies myself (my sideline) but as far as this title goes; I have to say I am not a fan of the director, the writer, or the actors involved. Can't stomach it.

Now, I'm not boasting at all about any great-shakes ability on my part; (I can't, I'm still only an amateur) but what I'm trying to say is that I have very firm ideas on how a story should be constructed and this storyline, nor any of its characters, ever pleased me at all.

For the theme of anti-consumerism, there are plenty of other/better works which came before it.

Underground Knowledge — A discussion group

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Fight Club (other topics)