URBAN LEGENDS discussion

Welcome Mat > What does your screenname/nickname mean?

Comments Showing 1-27 of 27 (27 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mylene (new)

Mylene (mylenerennee) | 232 comments Mod
Tell us your screenname and/or nickname and what it means.

Example:
David calls me X-girl. He can correct me if I am wrong, but I think he is implying that I am an alien.
My other nickname was Crash when I was growing up for two reasons: I did an amazing flip and then a humongous crash when I went off a jump while skiing. The fellows who gave me the nickname (on my ballcap, no less) also joked that all the boys that hit on me as a young woman always 'crashed and burned'. Everytime a guy would come over to talk to me they would use that expression. Oops.....

message 2: by Brandy (new)

Brandy | 307 comments I've never really had much of a nickname. A friend started calling me Brand-eye in grad school and it caught on with a few people. It was b/c a I have a huge pet peeve about people spelling my name with an I. (my first name of course lol)

message 3: by David (new)

David Brian (davidbrian) Mylene, that is disgraceful! I've never implied you are an alien... everyone knows you are a mutant, with the superpower of 'knowing!':)

As for nicknames? Uhm? I've only really had one, and it's not something I would post on here.:)

message 4: by David (new)

David Brian (davidbrian) Brandy wrote: "I've never really had much of a nickname. A friend started calling me Brand-eye in grad school and it caught on with a few people. It was b/c a I have a huge pet peeve about people spelling my na..."

That's a cool story, Brandi.:)

I'll get me coat:(

message 5: by Brandy (new)

Brandy | 307 comments lol Seriously that almost me roll my eyes umtil I realized it was a joke

message 6: by Mylene (last edited May 11, 2014 07:54AM) (new)

I'm still rolling me eyes, Brandy. A mean a mutant, c'mon!

message 7: by Brandy (new)

Brandy | 307 comments lol I have no excuses.

message 8: by David (last edited May 12, 2014 08:41AM) (new)

David Brian (davidbrian) Brandy wrote: "lol Seriously that almost me roll my eyes umtil I realized it was a joke"

What joke?:)

I'll definitely get me coat now.:(

message 9: by David (new)

David Brian (davidbrian) Mylene wrote: "I'm still rolling me eyes, Brandy. A mean a mutant, c'mon!"

Hey, being a mutant is cool.:)

message 10: by Mylene (new)

True... Especially if my power is knowledge (although, random). When I was young, I wanted the power of sex appeal. Didn't realize I already had it, until I looked back when I got old...lol... "If we only knew then, what we know now."

message 11: by Brandy (new)

Brandy | 307 comments Mylene wrote: "True... Especially if my power is knowledge (although, random). When I was young, I wanted the power of sex appeal. Didn't realize I already had it, until I looked back when I got old...lol... "..."

Right? Youth is wasted on the young, so they say.

message 12: by Brandy (new)

Brandy | 307 comments David wrote: "Brandy wrote: "lol Seriously that almost me roll my eyes umtil I realized it was a joke"

I'll definitely get me coat now.:("

I'm shaking my fist at you in mock anger.

message 13: by David (new)

David Brian (davidbrian) Brandy wrote: "David wrote: "Brandy wrote: "lol Seriously that almost me roll my eyes umtil I realized it was a joke"

I'll definitely get me coat now.:("

I'm shaking my fist at you in mock anger."

Nah! I'm safe. There's a mighty big pond keeping you from giving me a slap!:)

message 14: by Mylene (new)

I don't know about that, David. Brandy has got some heavy duty pieces tht may just a longer reach... If you get my drift...
;)

message 15: by David (new)

David Brian (davidbrian) Mylene wrote: "I don't know about that, David. Brandy has got some heavy duty pieces tht may just a longer reach... If you get my drift...
;)"

Right, I'm off to hide in the woods.:)

message 16: by Mylene (new)

Good idea! Just keep an eye out for the watcher!!!!!

message 17: by Brandy (new)

Brandy | 307 comments Mylene wrote: "I don't know about that, David. Brandy has got some heavy duty pieces tht may just a longer reach... If you get my drift...
;)"

Haha!

message 18: by David (new)

David Brian (davidbrian) Mylene wrote: "Good idea! Just keep an eye out for the watcher!!!!!"

Never mind the Watcher in the Woods, I'm more concerned about the Pervert in the Trees.:)

message 19: by Mylene (new)

Yah! Me, too. Brandy and Jason really scare me, especially because
they are prone to lurking ;)

message 20: by Brandy (new)

Brandy | 307 comments lol Are you calling me a pervert, Mylene? if so, think you! ;)

message 21: by Mylene (new)

Pervert? Who me? I would never say that!!! (Roll eyes). I was just thinking about David's fear of the pervert in the trees, and I just Totally envisioned you and Jason in your S&M gear lurking in the willow trees.

Heh heh ;)

message 22: by Brandy (new)

Brandy | 307 comments lol. Nice

message 23: by Mylene (new)

Lol! I try :)

message 24: by David (new)

David Brian (davidbrian) Brandy wrote: "lol. Nice"

Really. The mental picture of Jason in his S&M togs is about as far from 'nice' as you can get. Seriously!:)

message 25: by Mylene (new)

Haha! I think it is a wonderful mental picture...lol

message 26: by David (new)

David Brian (davidbrian) Mylene wrote: "Haha! I think it is a wonderful mental picture...lol"

Horses for courses, Mylene. And my horse is definitely running a different course!:)

message 27: by Mylene (new)

Hahaha different strokes for different folks.... And Brandy and Jason are sure getting the strokes....lol