Crazy for Young Adult Books discussion

ARCHIVES > Great Summer Reads

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Alyson (new)

Alyson Stone (alysonserenastone) | 303 comments What are your favourite summer books?

message 2: by Sara (new)

Sara (sarrehs) | 870 comments That's a really hard question!
For me, it's usually series that I can engulf in, sweep away from reality for a little while. Or a long while depending on what I'm facing.
But I guess it would be epic fantasy, drama or romance for my part to really catch up with what the imagination and passion can make out of life, even though it's almost never the same in real life.

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

I love kasie wests books,huntley fitzpatricks books, enery lord books.
But also agree with sara any great book really. And long books are great because of all the time I have to read.

message 4: by Angela (new)

Angela Maria Hart (angelamariahart) | 18 comments I think "We Were Liars" has to be mentioned because it a book set during the summer months.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgG_U...

Other summer reads I recommend would be "A Little Something Different," "My Life Next Door," and "The Fill-In Boyfriend."

message 5: by Kikijanika (new)

Kikijanika | 2928 comments Great, I just got We Were Liars from library :)

message 6: by Sara (new)

Sara (sarrehs) | 870 comments Kikijanika wrote: "Great, I just got We Were Liars from library :)"

I personally found We Were Liars captivating at the point of addictive and a really enjoyable and good piece to read! I hope you will enjoy it as much as I did! :)

message 7: by Kikijanika (new)

Kikijanika | 2928 comments Sounds promising Sara. I'm sure I'll like it :)

message 8: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (ashielizz) I like light reads like contemporary and romance. I also like anything with a beach theme or that takes places by the water.

message 9: by Mara (new)

Mara | 53 comments My favorite summer read was The Unexpected Everything by Morgan Matson! Though it looks a bit thick and long, it's actually a pretty light and fun read with friendship and father-daughter elements kicked into it. :)

message 10: by Alyson (new)

Alyson Stone (alysonserenastone) | 303 comments Mara wrote: "My favorite summer read was The Unexpected Everything by Morgan Matson! Though it looks a bit thick and long, it's actually a pretty light and fun read with friendship and father-da..."

I loved this one!

message 11: by Miley (new)

Miley (mileyrowling) | 78 comments I really like The Summer I Turned Pretty Series and Sarah Dessen.

message 12: by Aliyah (new)

Aliyah Rios | 25 comments Looking for Alaska.

message 13: by Shelby (new)

Shelby | 52 comments I really like

From Fame to Shame by Veronica Blade Leaving Paradise (Leaving Paradise, #1) by Simone Elkeles The Boy Who Sneaks in My Bedroom Window by Kirsty Moseley Playing for Keeps (Neighbor from Hell, #1) by R.L. Mathewson Wait for You (Wait for You, #1) by Jennifer L. Armentrout