What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. Book about sea (maybe mermaids), blue cover, May 2015 [s]

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Alessandra (new)

Alessandra (xandratom) | 5 comments Good evening, everyone. Last year I was travelling in Edinburgh and I saw this book in a library. Judging by position and distribution, it looked like a new book, in May 2015. I have not read it (but now I would really love to), hence I don't know much about it; what I remember is this:
- The blue cover; sea, mermaids (maybe), there were stars I guess, and the writings were white or yellow;
- In my mind was a YA book, but I cannot be sure.
- Maybe it was about pirates, or an island, or a girl fleeting from that island.

I am really sorry, but this is all I can remember. I have been looking for it since then, but I couldn't find it. Thank you very muhc in advance for all your help!

message 2: by Adele (new)

Adele | 1213 comments It's really hard to tell without any plot details, but here are a few possibilities:

Kira's Secret by Orysia Dawydiak

Emily Windsnap and the Ship of Lost Souls (Emily Windsnap, #6) by Liz Kessler

The Merman by Carl-Johan Vallgren

New Girl by Paige Harbison

Tides by Betsy Cornwell

Deep Blue (Waterfire Saga, #1) by Jennifer Donnelly

Lorali by Laura Dockrill

Nil (Nil, #1) by Lynne Matson

message 3: by Chanel (new)

Chanel (lithorniel) | 6 comments This book came out in 2011, not 2015 but it is still relatively new.

It's a YA Paranormal-Romance about a siren.

The cover has the sea on it and white writing.

Ripple

message 4: by Alessandra (new)

Alessandra (xandratom) | 5 comments Thanks To both of you. Unfortunately is non of these. I'm going crazy. I can add this information: I remember the cover was kinda... Cartoony. An there were stars on it. Maybe it was not a mermaid, maybe it was. Ships, travels and an island should be involved too. I'll keep looking for it. I could very possibly try to call the bookshop in which I saw it last year and see if they remember.

message 5: by Cate (new)

Cate | 9 comments Look at the other Emily Windsnap covers and see if they look like what you're looking for. There have been a number of them in the past few years.

https://www.goodreads.com/series/6043...

message 6: by Alessandra (new)

Alessandra (xandratom) | 5 comments Thank you everyone! I managed to find it! I went through the book that have been published around April and May 2015. The book I was looking for was this:

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2...

The cover I remembered was the drawing of the girl and the bear on the boat.
Thanks everyone!

message 7: by Adele (new)

Adele | 1213 comments Glad you found it!