Fans of Interracial Romance discussion

Book of the Month > June 2016 BOM

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Michelle, Mod with the Bod (new)

Michelle Gilmore | 3396 comments Mod
From Goodreads:

"I know everything about him...except who he really is.

Okay. All I wanted to do was leave West Virginia behind after serving my time there in exchange for my medical school degree. But then a shockingly sexy amnesia patient showed up at my hospital and flipped my heart switch on like no one ever has before.

Now I'm happier than I've ever been, and seriously considering a future with someone who doesn't have a past. But how happy can we really be when neither of us truly knows who the other is? And when the shocking truth finally comes out, will it bring us closer together or tear us apart?

Find out what happens in the latest standalone romance in Theodora Taylor's wildly popular 50 Loving States series. Perfect for readers who like their alpha heroes sexy, mysterious, and rough as hell. *But after you read, ssshhh! Don't spoil the Big Reveal for everyone else. Guaranteed, you won't be able to swipe the pages fast enough."

message 2: by Elle (new)

Elle Rochelle | 32 comments Done. Still not sure how I feel about this particular situation. . .

message 3: by Michelle, Mod with the Bod (new)

Michelle Gilmore | 3396 comments Mod
Elle wrote: "Done. Still not sure how I feel about this particular situation. . ."

Hmmmm....... It definitely sounds interesting. Does it read like a Hallmark movie or an erotic novel? I've never read this author before, but I've heard good things about her.

message 4: by Elle (new)

Elle Rochelle | 32 comments I would say it had crazy twists and turns so not Hallmark, LOL. It had a bit of Erotica thrown in there, but no so much that the book is overrun with it.

message 5: by Joyce (new)

Joyce | 22 comments Love it love it love it. I mean Theodora does it again. She wrote a book that made it hard for me to go to sleep before reading it the first chapter to the last. I maybe don't like dubious consent themed books and I could see a little of that here but all in all it was a great read.

message 6: by Meka♥books (new)

Meka♥books (book143er) | 403 comments This is my first book by Theodora Taylor and I'm excited to start my experience with this one. I just began reading this June BOM tonight I'm on chapter 7 (26%) and liking so far. Characters seem to be likeable even though I'm questioning (view spoiler) Other than that I look forward to the twists and what ever else might happen along the way!

message 7: by Rosa (new)

Rosa | 13 comments I am a fan of her works and I read almost all of her books.I think this book is one of her best works to date.She is getting better and better.I love her recent book cover,it's look amazing!Especially this book!

message 8: by Erica (new)

Erica (makewishdreambig) | 50 comments This book was smoking hot. Loved the plot.

message 9: by Layeshia (new)

Layeshia (busybee9000) | 801 comments I am trying to find out the name of this book that you guys are crazy about please list the name

message 10: by Meka♥books (new)

Meka♥books (book143er) | 403 comments Layeshia wrote: "I am trying to find out the name of this book that you guys are crazy about please list the name"

His Forbidden Bride 50 Loving States, West Virginia by Theodora Taylor His Forbidden Bride: 50 Loving States, West Virginia

message 11: by EbonyMonae (new)

EbonyMonae | 8 comments I wrote a review for this book. To me this was one of her best books. I liked it because it was different. I they dynamics of the characters. This was one of her controversial books to me. It got so many mixed reviews. All in all it was a great book. She really threw me for a loop was not expecting the outcome.

message 12: by Meka♥books (new)

Meka♥books (book143er) | 403 comments EbonyMonae wrote: "I wrote a review for this book. To me this was one of her best books. I liked it because it was different. I they dynamics of the characters. This was one of her controversial books to me. It got so many mixed reviews. All in all it was a great book. She really threw me for a loop was not expecting the outcome."

Hi EbonyMonae. This was my first time reading a book written by Theodora Taylor. It was because of the treatment of Woods' past and the outcome that I will read another one of this author's books. It's always interesting to see how an author addresses controversial subjects. For me, if a character makes positive growth/transformations to the point I feel it is plausible/realistic who am I to judge? Like the saying goes, if you love it, I like it and Theodora Taylor wrote a hella of realistic tale here in my opinion.

message 13: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly  | 67 comments I just finished this book last night. And I, like Elle, am not sure about this one. There are more twists and turns than the famous Lombard Street in San Francisco. I've been wondering all morning if they were all necessary. I would have to say maybe not, but the author does such a great job of weaving them in the story that they all work. I need to read reviews and write mine to work out some of the smaller questions/thought I have on the text.
But I have two questions to submit to this discussion group. One, can love overcome all? And two, is this text and The 'N' Word, and possibly other titles I'm not aware, starting a new sub genre in interracial romance? Sort of a race hate/love thing?

message 14: by Erin (new)

Erin (erin1969) | 49 comments For me, this book had too much plot, twists and turns that were goofy and unnecessary. The plots could have been two books, easily, and been more satisfying as there could have been more character development and the story would have been deeper and more interesting.

There are a few "beautiful black woman redeems white racist" and in fact I started a list here on Goodreads. Guess I need to add this book as well.

message 15: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly  | 67 comments Erin wrote: "For me, this book had too much plot, twists and turns that were goofy and unnecessary. The plots could have been two books, easily, and been more satisfying as there could have been more character ..."

I like your suggestion of two books. If the author had done that, then more of West Virginia could have been incorporated. I wanted to see more of this state in the text. To me, it did not matter that the story was set there. It could have been any other non cosmopolitan area in any other state where Doc could not get her vegan food items. Also, is the name of your list "beautiful black woman redeems white racist" here on Goodreads?