Perustopia Book Club discussion

A Court of Thrones And Roses & ACOMAF.

Comments Showing 1-24 of 24 (24 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kät (new)

Kät (katherhildeb) I do have reviews up for both of these books but the one for ACOTAR is a bit spoilery and the one for ACOMAF really only a outbreak on my feelings so they might not be too suitable. But I can say this: I loved both of them so very much even though I see why some people have a few problems with the first book. I'd still definitely recommend reading them because even if you dont like ACOTAR in the end its worth for ACOMAF. Have you tried Sarah J. Maas's other books already? I didnt and thats one of the reasons why i feel in love with ACOTAR so easily, simply because i didnt see any parallels there might be. having read throne of glass now doesnt lessen my love for ACOTAR though.

message 2: by Renee (new)

Renee (thefairynomad) ACOTAR is great! It was riveting, badass and swooning! It had a lot of romance but was balanced out by everything else! If you like fantasy,romance and action you'll enjoy this book a lot! ACOMAF though... WAS x1000000000 better. It.was.phenomenal. ACOMAF was basically had all the traits ACOTAR's had except amplified by 999billion. Warning though, be prepared for ACOMAF it's one of those books that make you so happy and elated that you can't stop smiling but in the next 5 pages make you want to ugly cry. It's also one of those books where you WILL get a 365 day book hangover(check epicreads for all the symptoms). But these books should go on your TBR, in fact they should go on the top. ACOMAF is now one of my favourite books...ever! If you've read Thorne of Glass, it won't even compare to ACOMAF and ACOTAR's Check out my other reviews on my page or my insta @thefairynomad!

message 3: by Kät (new)

Kät (katherhildeb) TheFairyNomad wrote: "ACOTAR is great! It was riveting, badass and swooning! It had a lot of romance but was balanced out by everything else! If you like fantasy,romance and action you'll enjoy this book a lot! ACOMAF t..."

i couldnt have said it better ;) this is such a perfect description you could easily print it on the back of ACOMAF for advertisement ;D BUT SO INCREDIBLY TRUE i wholeheartedly agree with everything you mentioned

message 4: by Tina (new)

Tina Kroker | 8 comments Go ahead and read them! They are both amazingly done! ACOMAF has now become my new favorite book but ACOTAR is great as well. I just love this series so much and i cant wait for the next and final book

message 5: by Martha (new)

Martha | 42 comments REEEEEEEAAAAAAADDDDD ITTTTTTTTTT. That's all I have to say

message 6: by Tiffney (new)

Tiffney Bowen | 10 comments I read both ACOTAR and ACOMAF and all I can say is HOLY CRAP. I thought the first book was amazing until I started the second book the day after I finished the first. ACOMAF has become one of my favorite books, words can not describe how this book makes you feel. It was SOOOO good. I picked up throne of glass just because I devoured those two books. If you are really into fantasy and steamy books then I highly suggest these two! You won't regret it!!!!

message 7: by Dafne (new)

Dafne Hein (dafnehein) | 8 comments These two are a must read. Seriously, you should start reading them now if you haven't yet! Both ACOTAR and ACOMAF are the type of books that get under your skin really bad and fast. I finished them like a week or something ago and I'm still unable to take the whole story and characters out of my head. So yeah, you're going to loove them!

Aimal (The Devils We Find) (aimalfarooq) I enjoyed ACOTAR very much. It was one of my favorite books of last year. But I think it's better as a stand alone, since ACOMAF feels like the start of a new series. I did not like ACOMAF whatsoever- it actually made me angry because of some of the decisions Maas made. Characters felt inconsistent, and the story was predictable and very similar to ToG. I'd still suggest reading ACOTAR. I know I'm in the minority here when I say I didn't like ACOMAF- you may grow to enjoy it!

Nilun (BooktasticNerd)  (booktasticnerd) | 191 comments I'll keep this brief. ACOTAR was great, in and of itself, and was the perfect build up for ACOMAF which was beyond exceptional. ACOMAF is the best book I've read this year. The world, story, and characters are all so well developed and it's all very compelling.

message 10: by Tina (new)

Tina Kroker | 8 comments ACOTAR and ACOMAF were the first books i read by her too but now i really want to read her other books

message 11: by Jessica (new)

Jessica Cartwright (jessicart15) | 321 comments to put it simply, they are two freaking amazing books!!!
personally i like ACOMAF better than ACOTAR.
the character development in these books is incredible and the setting and jut everything!!!
JUST READ THEM!!!! you wont regret it.

message 12: by Renee (new)

Renee (thefairynomad) Tiffney wrote: "I read both ACOTAR and ACOMAF and all I can say is HOLY CRAP. I thought the first book was amazing until I started the second book the day after I finished the first. ACOMAF has become one of my fa..."

I KNOW RIGHT!!!!

message 13: by Ashley (new)

Ashley | 71 comments I so ship Ryesand and Feyre!

message 14: by Ashley (new)

Ashley | 71 comments But, I haven't read the second book and so I wouldn't know...

message 15: by Xoxoasia (new)

Xoxoasia | 103 comments These two books are so amazing! They will definitely come to rival the books of more famous authors, such as Cassandra Clare. They are a must read for any lover of a romantic fantasy series. But be warned, these books could put you in a book slump. Sarah J. Maas has such a unique writing style, it's hard to get enough.

message 16: by Kät (new)

Kät (katherhildeb) TheFairyNomad wrote: "Tiffney wrote: "I read both ACOTAR and ACOMAF and all I can say is HOLY CRAP. I thought the first book was amazing until I started the second book the day after I finished the first. ACOMAF has bec..."

same

message 17: by Holland (new)

Holland (skittyy) | 9 comments So good. Please read it lol

message 18: by Camyll (new)

Camyll Castro | 9 comments THESE TWO ARE A MUST READ AND I DEFINITELY CAN'T WAIT FOR THE THIRD BOOK.

I did a spoiler-free review on both, you can check it out at camyllreads.wordpress.com

I hope you'll enjoy the book as much as I did!

message 19: by Leticia (new)

Leticia (leticiaromantic) | 21 comments I've only read ACOTAR so far waiting for the second to arrive. ACOTAR is one of my favorites ever! I highly recommend it. The characters are amazing, the world building? A+. Plus, there's plenty of romance, intrigue and action to keep you glued to the book. I know it did to me. I know once I read ACOMAF it will be on my top list as well.

message 20: by Vertika (new)

Vertika Singh | 34 comments I know you asked for it some 4 weeks ago but I just can not help but spout Praise after praise as soon as I see ACOMAF mentioned anywhere.
ACOTAR is the best beauty and the beast retelling I have read till date and believe me I have read tons. And ACOMAF is the most matured and well rounded book I have read in years. It will no doubt become your favorite. Just go ahead you won't regret it.

message 21: by Holland (new)

Holland (skittyy) | 9 comments READ THEEEEEEEEEEEEMMMMMMMMMM

When the third book is published, it might very well be at the top of my favorite series list.

message 22: by Carly (new)

Carly H. (kindaya) | 8 comments I think my Goodreads says I've read about 75 books this year...ACOMAF is the best. Period.

message 23: by Shelby (new)

Shelby (shelby_) | 61 comments This book was amazing. I love acomaf so much. It was one of the best books I've ever read

message 24: by Anna (new)

Anna (annabackwards) | 28 comments Ive reread ACOTAR and ACOMAF more times than I can remember it was just. Too. Amazing.