Making Connections discussion

ARCHIVES > Free Author Promotions

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Christine (new)

Christine James | 7 comments Hey guys,
I'm fairly new to the groups and stuff on Goodreads. In all honesty, it's a bit overwhelming but my publisher is insisting that I get out there and do this

My publishing house is doing author takeovers on their Instagram. The takeovers last an entire week. There is no cost to do this. They just believe in helping out all authors. It doesn't matter if you're signed with them, another house, or self-published. They want to help everyone! If you're interested, you can email them bgp@bgp-publishing.com and put Instagram takeover in the subject line! :)
I'll be taking over the next to last week in June!
Thanks guys and I look forward to getting to know everyone.

message 2: by Anca (new)

Anca | 15 comments What exactly is an author takeover on Instagram?

message 3: by Christine (new)

Christine James | 7 comments Anca wrote: "What exactly is an author takeover on Instagram?"

Basically, the author will be given a password for the companies Instagram account. For a week, the author runs the account as if it is their own (with a few minor rules to follow). There, they will be able to post their books, their sale links, anything that they want to share with the company's followers. It can be as simple as a quote they love, or their favorite book, to their own books! It is a great way to gain new followers not only for the author but for the company as well.

message 4: by Anca (new)

Anca | 15 comments This is awesome! I just sent them an email, thanks for the info.

message 5: by Jacqui (new)

Jacqui Stewart | 14 comments Thank you for letting us know this! I just sent an email to them as well :)

message 6: by Christine (new)

Christine James | 7 comments Anca wrote: "This is awesome! I just sent them an email, thanks for the info."

you're very welcome! :)

message 7: by Christine (new)

Christine James | 7 comments Jacqui wrote: "Thank you for letting us know this! I just sent an email to them as well :)"

You're very welcome!

message 8: by Magnus (new)

Magnus Stanke (magnus_stanke) | 18 comments chuffed to say that my authortakeover at bgp publishing is starting on this coming Monday and runs for one week until Sunday.
Everything you've always wanted to know about my Mallorca thriller 'Falling in Death and Love' (even if you didn't know you wanted to know about it...:)) and more

ps. am I looking for reviews? You bet

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2...

message 9: by Justin (new)

Justin (justinbienvenue) | 785 comments I'm sure this has been well over but I'm interested in knowing if instagram is a legitimate place for authors and their books. Is instagram a viable social media resource for authors? I have asked this before in other groups and for the most part have got yes's.

This leaves me with big hope that there are not only reasons to join IG as an author but it's good to see the results are positive.