Beta Reader Group discussion

Authors Seeking FREE Betas > Romance beta reader

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Cheryl (new)

Cheryl Joyce | 5 comments Hi I'm looking for a beta reader(s) to read through my book to help with my self-editing process. The book is called 'The Grass is Darker', it's a romance (not erotica, but there are some mature scenes). It's aimed at women around 30A. The book is complete. Let me know if you can help thanks, Cheryl

message 2: by Aza (new)

Aza (kungfumom) | 18 comments perfect, ill do it. would you read mine in return? :-)

message 3: by Cheryl (new)

Cheryl Joyce | 5 comments Yes, that would be great! I'd love to read your work! How do we exchange manuscripts?

Many thanks,
Cheryl

message 4: by Martin (new)

Martin Rinehart Me too, Cheryl!

MartinRinehart at gmail dot com

But how long? M/F?

message 5: by Cheryl (new)

Cheryl Joyce | 5 comments Hi Martin, it's 98k words. The main character is female but then it changes narrator ten chapters in to her love interest, and also to her husband. The story is told from the perspectives of the 3 main characters. I'll send you the synopsis - then you can let me know if you would be interested. Thank you for replying! Cheryl

message 6: by Sada (new)

Sada DiSena | 7 comments I would like to read it.

message 7: by Raven (new)

Raven Honeycutt (raven_nevermore) | 12 comments I would LOVE to help you out as well

message 8: by Cheryl (new)

Cheryl Joyce | 5 comments Hi Raven and Sada,

Thanks so much for your replies. I would love you to read what I've done. Thanks for your offers :) Could you message me with your email addresses and I'll send you a copy of the manuscript? My email is joyce_family@btinternet.com

I look forward to hearing from you thanks again!
Cheryl

message 9: by Cheryl (new)

Cheryl Joyce | 5 comments Hi all I just wanted to update you! I managed to publish my book on createspace, KDP and smashwords. Formatting was more of a challenge than writing the book lol (well nearly!) anyway thanks for your help and interest. If you would like to read it it's currently available as an ebook on smashwords for free! The Grass is Darker by Cheryl Joyce. Wish me luck! X

message 10: by Sada (new)

Sada DiSena | 7 comments Good luck Cheryl I know it will do well.
I will be checking it out.

message 11: by Martin (new)

Martin Rinehart Good luck, Cheryl!

Is that a Stephenson "funnel book" strategy?