Clean Romances discussion

First Impressions
This topic is about First Impressions
Recommendations > First Impressions by Nicole R. Locker

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Nicole (last edited Jun 11, 2016 06:40AM) (new) - added it

Nicole Locker Greetings. I'm excited to see this group and look forward to reading many of the recommended books I have found listed here. I'd be interested to know which books are published by Indie Authors, as I like to provide my support by featuring my reviews on my blog. If you know of or have a clean romance by an Indie Author, please post in the comments!

I'd like to introduce my debut novella, First Impressions, available on Amazon and free on Kindle Unlimited. It is a romance, and there are a couple scenes that some might consider a tad bit racy (not extremely so), but there are absolutely no sex scenes. Honest reviews are appreciated!

Synopsis:
Marzia Benagli - Zia - is a psychology student who enjoys people-watching in her free time. Dylan Porter is a playboy athlete from a wealthy family. Zia's first impression of Dylan is that of an over inflated ego, which she is not attracted to despite his undeniable good looks. While Dylan admits that he can get any girl he wants, they all seem to be the same, and he's hoping to find something different.

Circumstances bring them together and they work out an arrangement that Zia will use her psychology skills to teach Dylan how to find the right girl. By the time Zia realizes her first impressions were wrong, she's already established herself in the friend zone with their arrangement and can't see any indication that Dylan might see them as anything more. Will Zia have the strength to walk away when the time comes, and if so, will Dylan let a good thing slip away?

First Impressions is the story as told by Zia. Don't miss Dylan'side of the story, coming soon in Second Thoughts.

message 2: by Abigail (new)

Abigail Bok (regency_reader) | 146 comments Nice synopsis, Nicole! I like that you have not been overbearing with the Austenesque elements—and that you are contemplating two versions of the tale, from the two protagonists’ point of view. Just a heads-up that there have been a lot of novels with the title First Impressions in the past decade, so you might want to put a disambiguation post on Wikipedia.

message 3: by Nicole (new) - added it

Nicole Locker Abigail wrote: "Nice synopsis, Nicole! I like that you have not been overbearing with the Austenesque elements—and that you are contemplating two versions of the tale, from the two protagonists’ point of view. Jus..."

Thank you. I will look into that. I hadn't even thought of Wikipedia before in association with my book. I have seen several other books with similar titles, and really considered that when trying to name my book. Ultimately, it really ended up being the best fit for the story, but most others are full length novels; whereas mine is just a novella (about 26K words). I gave it the subtitle of "A Novella."