Underground Knowledge — A discussion group discussion

MISCELLANEOUS TOPICS > Is Scientology actually a comedic satire of religion?

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by James, Group Founder (new)

James Morcan | 11218 comments I am currently getting a lot of humor out of Scientology...
One of the funniest satires ever...Whoever thought it up knows how to make people laugh!
I mean, I am correct that these Scientologists are not serious, right?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFBZ_...

These Scientologists are hilarious!

message 2: by Harry (new)

Harry Whitewolf | 1745 comments I couldn't make much sense of what he was talking about in that vid. Nor did I understand jargon like "S.P" and "K.W.S". Maybe I'll become a Scientologist to find out more...

message 3: by James, Group Founder (last edited Jun 12, 2016 06:28AM) (new)

James Morcan | 11218 comments Harry wrote: "I couldn't make much sense of what he was talking about in that vid. Nor did I understand jargon like "S.P" and "K.W.S". Maybe I'll become a Scientologist to find out more..."

I couldn't make out what the hell he was saying either...He seems very happy, high on Scientology, so maybe you should become a Scientologist (let me know how it goes and once you do pls share you jokes as apparently all Scientologists become comedic geniuses...)

message 4: by Harry (new)

Harry Whitewolf | 1745 comments I'll let you know once I've buddied up with Tom and his pals. But then I've tried to read Dianetics: The Modern Science of Mental Health three times now and I can never get further than the first couple of chapters, so I'm not sure I'm meant for Scientology.

message 6: by James, Group Founder (last edited Mar 14, 2017 08:48AM) (new)

James Morcan | 11218 comments "Operation Snow White was the Church of Scientology's internal name for a major criminal conspiracy during the 1970s to purge unfavorable records about Scientology and its founder, L. Ron Hubbard."https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operati...

Operation Snow White: Some time during the 1970s, the Church of Scientology decided that they’d had enough. Apparently, the Church of Scientology managed to perform the largest infiltration of the United States government in history. Ever. 5,000 of Scientology’s crack commandos wiretapped and burglarized various agencies. They stole hundreds of documents, mainly from the IRS. No critic was spared, and in the end, 136 organizations, agencies and foreign embassies were infiltrated.

message 7: by James, Group Founder (last edited Jun 17, 2018 04:32AM) (new)

James Morcan | 11218 comments Harry wrote: "I couldn't make much sense of what he was talking about in that vid. Nor did I understand jargon like "S.P" and "K.W.S". Maybe I'll become a Scientologist to find out more..."

SP = Suppressive Person
KSW = Keep Scientology Working

I just learnt this as I watched Louis Theroux's excellent documentary My Scientology Movie.

message 8: by J. (last edited Jun 17, 2018 05:45AM) (new)

J. Gowin | 121 comments For anyone interested, here is a link to a series of YouTube videos by Chris Shelton.

https://m.youtube.com/playlist?list=P...

Mr. Shelton is a former scientologist who makes videos and speaks at public events explaining the problems with, and dangers of Scientology. I have found his videos to be helpful in understanding the scam, and I hope you will too.