Read Women discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archive > August Nominations

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Louise, Group Founder (new)

Louise | 680 comments Mod
Nominations for August's group read are now open!

Another Open Choice month so any book in any genre, the only rule is that it must be written by a woman.

Users are allowed to nominate one book each. To make sure the correct book makes it into the poll, please include both the title of the book and the author's name when nominating (ideally using the goodreads 'add book/author' button).

Nominations will close on 20 June, when the poll goes up. And the poll will close at the end of June.

message 4: by Louise, Group Founder (new)

message 5: by Louise, Group Founder (new)

Ok, nominations closed. Poll going up in a sec.

message 6: by Elizabeth (Alaska) (last edited Jun 29, 2016 10:08AM) (new)

Elizabeth (Alaska) Of note, Girl Waits with Gun is on the Kindle daily deals today. (US, I don't know about anywhere else.)

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/browse.ht...

message 7: by Anita (new)

Anita Fajita Pita (anitafajitapitareada) | 860 comments Mod
awesome!, thank you for sharing that :)

message 8: by Louise, Group Founder (new)

So this is unprecedented... We have a three-way tie!

How do people want to deal with this?
I could simply set these as our next three group reads and forgo a nomination process for sept/oct? I pick the winner by random number generator and then continue as normal? I could remove my own vote and leave it as a two-way tie for the next two months? Any suggestions or feedback welcome.

Elizabeth (Alaska) I think we should read them all and you choose the order randomly.

message 10: by lethe (new)

lethe | 212 comments Can polls be re-opened, or is that impossible?
I had forgotten to vote, and I would have chosen The Enchanted :)

Otherwise, I'm in favour of picking the winner by random number generator, not of setting these as the next three (or two) group reads.

message 11: by Louise, Group Founder (new)

I'll have a look to see if polls can be reopened for another week after close (am frustratingly stuck on mobile atm with limited functions but I think I can persuade someone to let me borrow their laptop). If i can do that, though, that's what I'll do.

message 12: by Louise, Group Founder (new)

Aaaaand, I managed to find the tiny button on my phone and edit the poll. So voting is now open until the 7th for anyone who missed voting/wants to change their vote. Will broadcast announcement to all members shortly.

message 13: by lethe (new)

lethe | 212 comments Thank you!

message 14: by Louise, Group Founder (new)

And we have our winner: Girl Waits with Gun by Amy Stewart

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.