Around the Year in 52 Books discussion

Blood Promise (Vampire Academy, #4)
This topic is about Blood Promise
Blood Promise, by Richelle Mead

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sophie (last edited Jun 11, 2016 05:19AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sophie (sawphie) | 2920 comments When I saw the prompt "a book you're embarrassed to read in public" I immediately thought of the Vampire Academy series. I started it a few years ago and it became my guilty pleasure as I'm usually not interested in this genre of books.

Shadow Kiss, the third book and the last one I read ended badly for one of the main characters so I'm really curious to see how the story is going to develop.

On an unrelated topic, the cover of the second book makes me think so much of a famous image from Buffy the Vampire Slayer that it's one of the reason that made me continue the series ;)
Frostbite (Vampire Academy, #2) by Richelle Mead

message 2: by Zaz (new) - rated it 3 stars

Zaz | 3034 comments I'll read the 1st for my "embarrassed category"! It's nice to know you liked them enough to read at least 3 of them :)

Sophie (sawphie) | 2920 comments They're definitely not perfect or original, but quick reads and contain some action. I hope you're going to like them too!

Sophie (sawphie) | 2920 comments I finished this book this morning and had to give it 5 stars. I hesitated at first because it feels a bit weird to give this kind of book the same praise as amazing other books, but to hell with convenience ;)
It gripped me completely, I was totally hooked and couldn't do much else except reading (and diving) during my holidays. Yes, there's teenage angst and love stories and repetitions, but they didn't bothered (or bored) me at all. I really like how the story is turning out and definitely want to continue the story next year!

Zaz, I hope you're going the first one!

message 5: by Zaz (new) - rated it 3 stars

Zaz | 3034 comments I have a big question: does she use love triangles in her books? :p

Sophie (sawphie) | 2920 comments The main character has two suitors but she's only interested in one and the whole thing doesn't last long. I can reassure you it's not a Twilight or Hunger Games kind of love triangle ;)

message 7: by Jody (new)

Jody (jodybell) | 3469 comments I'm reading the first for my embarrassing book too. :) We all have great guilty tastes.