Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (Harry Potter, #1) Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone discussion

Pick the book nearest to you and....

Comments Showing 1-22 of 22 (22 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Najma Pick the book nearest to you and turn to page 203. The first adjective on that page describes your life
*no cheating*
(I got 'torture', I picked 'four' by veronica roth)

Tristen Kozinski I got 'Musingly' from Treasure Island. Which is somewhat appropriate as I do a fair amount of thinking.

emily "Glowing" from Heir of Fire? Don't really know if it fits...

Julia ThePirate74 wrote: "Pick the book nearest to you and turn to page 203. The first adjective on that page describes your life
*no cheating*
(I got 'torture', I picked 'four' by veronica roth)"

I think torture is a verb and/or a noun...

Julia ThePirate74 wrote: "Pick the book nearest to you and turn to page 203. The first adjective on that page describes your life
*no cheating*

I got étrange (French for strange) in Harry Potter et l'Ordre de Phénix

Beth Duncan I got 'urgently' and I picked John Green's 'Paper Towns'

Ruby I got "this" from the second Three Musketeers book (demonstrative adjective). The first descriptive adjective is DARK.

Beth rats! I got my and by the way, several of the ones listed by other people are adverbs, not adjectives.
(Janet Evanovich's Top Secret 21)

Najma Beth wrote: "I got 'urgently' and I picked John Green's 'Paper Towns'"
Thats an adverb, you have to pick the first adjective (words which describe nouns)

Aubrey Bennett 'jagged' from The Selection by, Kiera Cass

Katherine "horrible" from The Hobbit, by J.R.R. Tolkien. That's probably not true, though.

Nathalia Castro I got "handsome" and I piked I'll give you the sun by Jandy Nelson

Annette My word was "medium" from A Guide to Field Identification Birds of North America by Robbins Bruun Zim and Singer.

Olivia "Scattered" from Pride and Prejudice and Zombies, good/bad I don't know.

Najma Julia wrote: "ThePirate74 wrote: "Pick the book nearest to you and turn to page 203. The first adjective on that page describes your life
*no cheating*

I thi..."

In that sentence, it's used as an adjective

message 16: by Meg (new) - rated it 5 stars

Meg "Strange" from Secrets of a Summer Night by Lisa Kleypas

Arushi ThePirate74 wrote: "Pick the book nearest to you and turn to page 203. The first adjective on that page describes your life
*no cheating*

I got 'working' from Doctor Zhivago by Boris Pasternak. Not sure if I want that to happen.

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

I got strange, picked from The Vampire Lestat by Anne Rice

Sarah Jane I got 'wild' from the dark betweennby sonia Gensler

Sarah Jane *between by

Himika Chakraborty I got "strong",from Rebecca by Daphne Du Maurier.

Christina "Thankful" from Charmed by Jen Calonita ... Fits Really well !