What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > YA: teenage girl forced into marriage with the son of rival political faction in dystopian America

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Alina (new)

Alina | 1 comments Hello!

I've been trying to figure out the name of a book that I read a while ago and I remember a few basic plot elements. The premise is that the main character, a teenage female, is forced to marry the son of the leader of the rival political faction of her family in order to maintain peace between the two different politicos factions in the city. The novel takes place in a post apocalyptic/possibly dystopian America. The boy the main character marries has black hair (I believe?) as well.

Another element of the plot is that the main character's sister and father want her to poison her husband because they rebel against the rival faction. The girl does not want to poison the boy, especially after she develops feelings for him, but somehow gets caught with the liquid poison and is forced to go into the area beyond the fence where prisoners go.

Also guns are forbidden in the society she's introduced to, and her new neighbor is abusive towards his wife and at one point falls off a ladder while fixing his roof with her husband, and her husband does something to address his abusive nature at this point.

Finally, another plot point I am hopefully remembering correctly is that the leader of the rival political faction of the main character has a deceased wife (the mother of the main character boy of the story) and I believe her story is that her hung herself on the front lawn of the political leader of the rival party.

Jessica (The Psychotic Nerd) (goldenfurproductions) | 402 comments The book of ivy? (On mobile, so I can't link)

message 3: by ~ Giulia ~ (new)

~ Giulia ~ | 15 comments Here :) The Book of Ivy

message 4: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 39319 comments Mod
Alina, are you still looking for this or did you find it?

message 5: by Rainbowheart (new)

Rainbowheart | 19177 comments Still out there, Alina?