NerdFighters Book Club discussion

John's Books > Paper towns movie ?

Comments Showing 1-31 of 31 (31 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Gracie (new)

Gracie | 30 comments What does everyone think about paper towns becoming a movie ?

message 2: by Soham (new)

Soham Mehta | 17 comments SO EXCITED! I mean, I think Nat Wolff is a perfect fit for Q but I cant wait till they announce who is going to play Margo.
I hope they don't ruin it because a lot of the book is just Quentin internally processing Margo's personality and who he thinks she is. I'm worried that the second half won't come across as powerfully in a movie.
But that first night is going to basically dictate whether people love it or not.

message 3: by Gracie (new)

Gracie | 30 comments Yeah! I defiantly agree ! The book has a strong message I guess you could say and people are going to judge the movie on how well the actors portrayed it. But Natt Wolf will do really well I think !

message 4: by Daniel (new)

Daniel Pinnegar (dslrdan) | 2 comments I'm excited too!! With all books that get made into movies, especially ones that I absolutely adore, I'm nervous. However, in the capable hands of Natt I'm sure it won't ruin it.

message 5: by Soham (new)

Soham Mehta | 17 comments I don't think it's Quentin who will make the movie. It's Margo Roth Spiegelman. She HAS to be everything that she is in the book.
If that's done, I'm sold on it.

message 6: by Gracie (new)

Gracie | 30 comments Yes ! I agree. I wonder who will play Radar and Ben

message 7: by Gracie (new)

Gracie | 30 comments I agree, any ideas on who it will be or who it should be ??

message 8: by Soham (new)

Soham Mehta | 17 comments But she isn't an actress. She was just a student or something, I'm not sure. I read a post about it a long time ago.

message 9: by Kinsey (new)

Kinsey Hamlin | 4 comments I'm not so much as worried about the casting more that I'm worried that they won't be able to get the message across that John wrote into the book. I mean a lot of it is Q's thoughts, so I'm not sure (as I never am with these kind of things) how they'll get the message across. And personally, I don't want a whole lot of voice over

message 10: by Gracie (new)

Gracie | 30 comments Agreed !

monique - persephone (cakes-lollies) | 14 comments I'm only half way through the book but from what I've read it could be an amazing movie. There will just be a lot of squashed fish ahah.

message 12: by Gracie (new)

Gracie | 30 comments Ahahaha(: How do u like the book so far ??

monique - persephone (cakes-lollies) | 14 comments I'm really liking it! I am getting angry with Asha a lot. I understand why she does what she does but I don't agree with the way she goes about things .

message 14: by Gracie (new)

Gracie | 30 comments Yeah, I like all the clues Margo gives Q but it annoyed me when he went the opposite way with the clues. Even though that's how the book is written. !

message 15: by Robin (new)

Robin (iamthearbitraryavian) | 8 comments Very excited for a paper Towns movie!! I will go see it no matter who plays the characters it's such a good book

message 16: by Sheridan (new)

Sheridan | 12 comments I feel the same way.

message 17: by Gracie (new)

Gracie | 30 comments Me too!

message 18: by Willow (new)

Willow (readalot11) | 4 comments Paper Towns is my absolute favourite book!! I'm soooo excited for it to become a movie! I just really hope it lives up to my expectations. I'll be a little scared to see it though cause I want it to be perfect….

message 19: by Gracie (new)

Gracie | 30 comments Hahaha !

message 20: by Alexa (new)

Alexa | 9 comments I can't wait!!!!

message 21: by Becca (new)

Becca | 31 comments Mod
I am so excited! Really hope they do the book justice though - it will be pretty hard to convey all the deep stuff but I'm sure it will be great anyway, especially the road trip scenes!

message 22: by Gracie (new)

Gracie | 30 comments That's my favorite part ! ( lol when they have a pee in the beer bottle)

message 23: by Kinsey (new)

Kinsey Hamlin | 4 comments I think that if I don't feel the rush of their first snack stop on the road trip like I did when I read the book then I think they failed. but honestly? I can't wait to see how they do. I mean you've gotta have some trust in the cast and crew right?

message 24: by Gracie (new)

Gracie | 30 comments Hahahahahha

message 25: by Andrew (new)

Andrew Linderer | 32 comments It's been a while since I've read the book but I agree that they have to get Margo right or the movie is a flop. That's one of the things that I like about John Green's books, he writes fantastic, strong, leading women. (PS Am I the only one who is a bit nervous to see TFIOS because of Shaileene Woodley?)

message 26: by Agus (new)

Agus | 1 comments I'm really excited about PT's movie, but this book is sooo special for me so I don't want it to be ruined by a movie.

message 27: by [deleted user] (new)

It could definietly be awesome but I don't like it when great books becomes movies since you made the caracters looks etc. in your head whole Reading the book and the movies are usually much worse then the book :/
Yey pessimism.. No but it can absolutely be good

message 28: by Δ|вσω (new)

Δ|вσω Paper Towns is a book I will read- after insurgent. I am still getting over Augustus's death

message 29: by Laura (new)

Laura Donahue | 7 comments I'm really excited that Paper Towns is becoming a movie. It was the first John Green book I read. I hope they make Looking For Alaska into a movie next. Then Will Grayson Will Grayson should be a musical.

message 30: by Avery (new)

Avery (averybarrera) | 1 comments I would love for Paper Towns to become a major motion picture; however, I believe that Looking for Alaska should precede that. In my opinion, Looking for Alaska is the greatest of all John Green novels (even greater than The Fault In Our Stars, dare I say) and deserves to be written into a movie. Both books would make incredible movies, though; both have incredibly complex, round characters that thrilled me as I read Green's novels.

message 31: by rach (new)

rach I agree 110% Avery.