What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. Teen, Horror,/humor Zombie, Samhain [s]

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Marta (new)

Marta | 8 comments I just hit me that the book might have the word Necromancer in it, and sure enough, I found it. Can't figure out how to put the book as Shelved? Do I need to do that? (The title is "Hold Me Closer Necromancer). thanks!

message 2: by Kris (last edited Jun 11, 2016 06:09AM) (new)

Kris | 32253 comments Mod
Marta, glad you found your book. I shelved it Hold Me Closer, Necromancer by Lish McBride.

Next time, please don't delete your original post and description in the header. That information can help others searching for the same book in the future. Thanks.

message 3: by Marta (new)

Marta | 8 comments I didn't deleate my post, I didn't even know how to find it after I posted it.

message 4: by Kris (new)

Sorry, I meant your first message in this thread. It probably contained a description of your book. Currently, it's not clear what the book is about.

message 5: by Kokomomomo (new)

Kokomomomo | 62 comments I think she means that she couldn't find her original thread: this one

(And I really enjoyed the Necromancer book!)

message 6: by Marta (new)

Marta | 8 comments I never could find my original thread. I don't even know HOW to find it. I would have posted on that thread if I had known how. For that matter, I wouldn't have known how to erase it. I wonfder now if it actually saved

message 7: by Kris (new)

No worries, that happens sometimes. What we ask is that each thread contain a (detailed) description of the book at the top. Otherwise, we have no idea what the book is about - during the search and after it's found.

message 8: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 37567 comments Mod
Deleting the other thread, which only had one post. Here's the original post:

"I read the book in my library within the last few years. The book was about a teenage boy who discovers that he will inherit some sort of powerful magic on a specific birthday. I am thinking it might have had to do with Necromancy. His name is Samhain after the god of Halloween. His buddies--another teen boy and a girl, help him defeat an evil sorcerer. The girl has been murdered, and beheaded, but Sam finds a way to reanimate her head. Believe it or not, the author managed to make all the scenes involving the female character humorous. Near the end of the book, his male buddy gets turned into a were-creature--I think a bear."

Moving the original header from there to here.

message 9: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 37567 comments Mod
Marta wrote: "I never could find my original thread. I don't even know HOW to find it. I would have posted on that thread if I had known how. For that matter, I wouldn't have known how to erase it. I wonfder now..."

The way to see all your comments in any group is to hover over your avatar - next to any post that you've written in the group. At the bottom it says "see comment history." Clicking on that brings up all your comments in the group. Additionally, to see the TOPICS you created in the group, over on the right is a link that says "topics created by Marta".

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Hold Me Closer, Necromancer (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Lish McBride (other topics)