Read A Song Of Ice And Fire 2016 discussion

A Feast for Crows (A Song of Ice and Fire, #4)
This topic is about A Feast for Crows
note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
A Feast For Crows Discussions > A Feast for Crows General Thread **** no spoilers here please

Comments Showing 1-23 of 23 (23 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Not_Your_Typical_Lannister (Leslie), Not_Your_Typical_Lannister (new) - rated it 3 stars

Not_Your_Typical_Lannister (Leslie)   | 1283 comments Mod
Book #4 - A Feast For Crows group read and discussion

~ runs from July 1-August 31, 2016

message 2: by Roseanne, RRRM (new) - rated it 4 stars

Roseanne | 674 comments Mod
This is the first book in the series I haven't read yet. So excited for this one.

message 3: by Brendan (new) - added it

Brendan | 133 comments Mod
Can't wait. Hoping to catch up to read with you all.

message 4: by Not_Your_Typical_Lannister (Leslie), Not_Your_Typical_Lannister (new) - rated it 3 stars

Roseanne that's so exciting. I don't know how you could have waited so long. Just the few weeks since I finished A Storm of Swords has felt like a lifetime.

message 5: by Not_Your_Typical_Lannister (Leslie), Not_Your_Typical_Lannister (new) - rated it 3 stars

Brendan where are you with the series?

message 6: by Not_Your_Typical_Lannister (Leslie), Not_Your_Typical_Lannister (last edited Jun 17, 2016 06:27AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

I have broken this book up into approximate quarters. If you choose to keep yourself on track with these cutoffs, you can either choose to be done a quarter in one week or two and still be done by the end of the 2 month window. Or you can set your own pacing as well.

First half of the book

1st quarter:

A Feast For Crows ~ 1. PROLOGUE *Discuss only the prologue
A Feast For Crows ~ 2. THE PROPHET *Discuss only this chapter and anything prior
A Feast For Crows ~ 3. THE CAPTAIN OF GUARDS *Discuss only this chapter and anything prior
A Feast For Crows ~ 4. CERSEI I *Discuss only this chapter and anything prior
A Feast For Crows ~ 5. BRIENNE I *Discuss only this chapter and anything prior
A Feast For Crows ~ 6. SAMWELL I *Discuss only this chapter and anything prior
A Feast For Crows ~ 7. ARYA I *Discuss only this chapter and anything prior
A Feast For Crows ~ 8. CERSEI II *Discuss only this chapter and anything prior
A Feast For Crows ~ 9. JAIME I *Discuss only this chapter and anything prior
A Feast For Crows ~ 10. BRIENNE II *Discuss only this chapter and anything prior
A Feast For Crows ~ 11. SANSA I *Discuss only this chapter and anything prior
A Feast For Crows ~ 12. THE KRAKEN'S DAUGHTER *Discuss only this chapter and anything prior
A Feast For Crows ~ 13. CERSEI III *Discuss only this chapter and anything prior

2nd quarter:

A Feast For Crows ~ 14. THE SOILED KNIGHT *Discuss only this chapter and anything prior
A Feast For Crows ~ 15. BRIENNE III *Discuss only this chapter and anything prior
A Feast For Crows ~ 16. SAMWELL II *Discuss only this chapter and anything prior
A Feast For Crows ~ 17. JAIME II *Discuss only this chapter and anything prior
A Feast For Crows ~ 18. CERSEI IV *Discuss only this chapter and anything prior
A Feast For Crows ~ 19. THE IRON CAPTAIN *Discuss only this chapter and anything prior
A Feast For Crows ~ 20. THE DROWNED MAN *Discuss only this chapter and anything prior
A Feast For Crows ~ 21. BRIENNE IV *Discuss only this chapter and anything prior
A Feast For Crows ~ 22. THE QUEENMAKER *Discuss only this chapter and anything prior
A Feast For Crows ~ 23. ARYA II *Discuss only this chapter and anything prior
A Feast For Crows ~ 24. ALAYNE I *Discuss only this chapter and anything prior

message 7: by Not_Your_Typical_Lannister (Leslie), Not_Your_Typical_Lannister (new) - rated it 3 stars

2nd half of the book

3rd quarter:

A Feast For Crows ~ 25. CERSEI V *Discuss only this chapter and anything prior
A Feast For Crows ~ 26. BRIENNE V *Discuss only this chapter and anything prior
A Feast For Crows ~ 27. SAMWELL III *Discuss only this chapter and anything prior
A Feast For Crows ~ 28. JAIME III *Discuss only this chapter and anything prior
A Feast For Crows ~ 29. CERSEI VI *Discuss only this chapter and anything prior
A Feast For Crows ~ 30. THE REAVER *Discuss only this chapter and anything prior
A Feast For Crows ~ 31. JAIME IV *Discuss only this chapter and anything prior
A Feast For Crows ~ 32. BRIENNE VI *Discuss only this chapter and anything prior
A Feast For Crows ~ 33. CERSEI VII *Discuss only this chapter and anything prior
A Feast For Crows ~ 34. JAIME V *Discuss only this chapter and anything prior
A Feast For Crows ~ 35. CAT OF THE CANALS *Discuss only this chapter and anything prior

4th quarter:

A Feast For Crows ~ 36. SAMWELL IV *Discuss only this chapter and anything prior
A Feast For Crows ~ 37. CERSEI VIII *Discuss only this chapter and anything prior
A Feast For Crows ~ 38. BRIENNE VII *Discuss only this chapter and anything prior
A Feast For Crows ~ 39. JAIME VI *Discuss only this chapter and anything prior
A Feast For Crows ~ 40. CERSEI IX *Discuss only this chapter and anything prior
A Feast For Crows ~ 41. THE PRINCESS IN THE ... *Discuss only this chapter and anything prior
A Feast For Crows ~ 42. ALAYNE II *Discuss only this chapter and anything prior
A Feast For Crows ~ 43. BRIENNE VIII *Discuss only this chapter and anything prior
A Feast For Crows ~ 44. CERSEI X *Discuss only this chapter and anything prior
A Feast For Crows ~ 45. JAIME VII *Discuss only this chapter and anything prior
A Feast For Crows ~ 46. SAMWELL V *Discuss only this chapter and anything prior
A Feast For Crows ~ 47 APPENDIX/ENTIRE BOOK *Discuss the appendix and the book as a whole

message 8: by Not_Your_Typical_Lannister (Leslie), Not_Your_Typical_Lannister (new) - rated it 3 stars

Sorry they say "discuss only .... " but a simple copy and paste from my list was the easiest on this tablet.

Some of these title names have me very curious.

message 9: by Not_Your_Typical_Lannister (Leslie), Not_Your_Typical_Lannister (last edited Jun 17, 2016 06:30AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Leslie (Basesloaded32) wrote: "I have broken this book up into approximate quarters. If you choose to keep yourself on track with these cutoffs, you can either choose to be done a quarter in one week or two and still be done by ..."

Please remember these are only helpful cutoffs for those who want them. Please read at your own pace and do what makes you happy. Nobody needs to feel pressured.

Terry ~ Huntress of Erudition Thanks for all your work, Leslie. I really like the way you divided it up and it makes the book more readable for me when I know I can read up to a certain point, then ask questions about it. Less overwhelming that way.

message 11: by Not_Your_Typical_Lannister (Leslie), Not_Your_Typical_Lannister (last edited Jun 17, 2016 12:35PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Terry wrote: "Thanks for all your work, Leslie. I really like the way you divided it up and it makes the book more readable for me when I know I can read up to a certain point, then ask questions about it. Less ..."

You are very welcome. I like to break up the big books with dividers to get rid of that overwhelming feeling.

I think of it like this:
The 1st quarter in my edition is 262 pages. I easily read more than 262 pages during a normal week. As long as I see it as four books of around that length I don't feel overwhelmed. Did that make sense? I dunno if I explained my thoughts very well.

I look forward to our first "actual read" together of the series Terry! I am thinking of trying to complete this book in July. If it's too much I won't worry about it. But you get one rainy weekend and lots of reading can happen.

message 12: by Roseanne, RRRM (new) - rated it 4 stars

I am so bad at following a schedule. I didn't get far but I started last night.

message 13: by Not_Your_Typical_Lannister (Leslie), Not_Your_Typical_Lannister (new) - rated it 3 stars

Roseanne wrote: "I am so bad at following a schedule. I didn't get far but I started last night."

I am trying to start only after I have finished both my current reads so it is the only book on the go. But I am certainly tempted to start this one too.

message 14: by Roseanne, RRRM (new) - rated it 4 stars

I was in between reads. Just an audio book and I only listen in the car. I didn't want to start another book and not finish before the first. So I figured why not

message 15: by Not_Your_Typical_Lannister (Leslie), Not_Your_Typical_Lannister (new) - rated it 3 stars

Absolutely!

message 16: by Roseanne, RRRM (new) - rated it 4 stars

Can I just say how difficult it is not to look at the chapters I haven't read yet. I'm dying here. I only looked one chapter ahead of where I am so far. I am going to have to start reading faster before I am tempted to look at more.

message 17: by Not_Your_Typical_Lannister (Leslie), Not_Your_Typical_Lannister (new) - rated it 3 stars

Roseanne wrote: "Can I just say how difficult it is not to look at the chapters I haven't read yet. I'm dying here. I only looked one chapter ahead of where I am so far. I am going to have to start reading faster b..."

Lol
Stop it!!!

Brianna (bebecburt) | 562 comments I finally finished A Storm of Swords! I'm going to wait a couple days before starting this one (maybe). lol I've gotten almost half way through before putting it down so I'm excited to finally finishing it!

message 19: by Not_Your_Typical_Lannister (Leslie), Not_Your_Typical_Lannister (new) - rated it 3 stars

Excellent Brianna! I am glad you got yourself caught up.

message 20: by S (new) - rated it 5 stars

S (siyxx) | 100 comments I'm almost done with ASOS!! Hopefully I could make it on time to join this AFFC bandwagon this time. So excited! I mean I'm always a few steps behind you guys XD

message 21: by Roseanne, RRRM (new) - rated it 4 stars

No worries. I am sure you will catch up to me. I have been very busy and haven't had much time to read.

message 22: by Roseanne, RRRM (new) - rated it 4 stars

I see the appendix in my unread threads. I am not sure I have the willpower to not look.

RJ - Slayer of Trolls (hawk5391yahoocom) So far, this book has been a letdown I have to say. I knew going in that only some of the characters from prior books would be included, but some of the storylines seem to move very slowly and others are frankly not interesting at all. I felt the same way about the beginning 200-300 pages of A Clash of Kings but the last 2/3 of the book was so good it made up for the slow start. I'm hoping the same thing happens here but I'm starting to run out of pages...

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.