Catholic Lifetime Reading List discussion

The Great Heresies
This topic is about The Great Heresies
1st Book: The Great Heresies by Hilaire Belloc

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Ashley | 92 comments Mod
Hi everyone!
The first book I would like to start with is The Great Heresies, by Hilaire Belloc. I'll probably start it next week. Once I get it I'll figure out a reasonable end date we can try to finish it. Then, if it works out, we can have a discussion about it.

Remember: this is a no pressure group! If you can't finish it by the end date, or can't read it at all, or start it and realize it's really not for you, no problem! We are all busy and this is meant to be a motivational group, not something to stress you out :-)

Galicius Ashley wrote: "Hi everyone!
The first book I would like to start with is The Great Heresies, by Hilaire Belloc. I'll probably start it next week. Once I get it I'll figure out a reasonable end date we can try to ..."

This is a good choice for a start, nice and short with interesting topics. I downloaded it onto my kindle and will get to it right away. I haven’t read any Belloc but Chesterton mentions him often enough.

message 3: by Molly (new)

Molly King | 1 comments Ashley, I ordered it and intend to read it ... what a great idea!

Ashley | 92 comments Mod
The Great Heresies by Hilaire Belloc

Hi everyone!
Let's shoot for finishing The Great Heresies by July 1, Friday. I'm really not sure if this is realistic (for me) but let's try it. If I feel like I need to extend the date I will. And remember, even if we don't extend the date, and you can't finish it by then, no worries, you can still participate in discussion as much as you'd like.

Galicius The schedule is about right for me. It’s a short book, not quick reading, but with proper pacing I am ok with July 1st.