Beta Reader Group discussion

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Julia (new)

Julia Elizabeth | 6 comments So I'm not really looking for Beta Readers, but I didn't know where else to post this. I'm looking for people to join my launch team for the book that I'm self publishing next week, Effeminate Earth.

My book is a YA dystopian novel about a world where all men have been eliminated, but one is accidentally born.

Description:

Men have been scientifically proven to be the cause of all troubles on Earth: wars, murders, violence, robberies, everything that is wrong with society. So what should the government do? Slowly eradicate all males of course!

After over one hundred years of careful, scientific elimination, the male species is extinct. Sarah Williams, a high-ranking government official in the Department of Scientifically Generated Incubation (SGI) and convicted believer that all males are evil, decides it’s her turn to have a child. But when her child unexpectedly turns out to be a boy, all of her beliefs go out the window and she does everything within her power to hide him from the Department of Male Eradication.

Hidden in a secret basement his entire life and shielded from the corrupt society, Abel Williams has never stepped foot outside…until he’s drawn out of his room to save a damsel in distress (sort of). But he never expected to get caught on his first excursion and he definitely didn’t expect to spark a revolution.

To sign up go to: http://eepurl.com/b4zh-L

Thanks!
Julia E. Flowers

message 2: by Tia (new)

Tia Tormen (tiatormen) | 35 comments What is a "launch Team?" I'm sorry if I sound naive, but I've never heard this term.
Are there certain expectations for being part of the team? If so, what are they?

Thank you,
Tia

message 3: by Julia (new)

Julia Elizabeth | 6 comments Tia wrote: "What is a "launch Team?" I'm sorry if I sound naive, but I've never heard this term.
Are there certain expectations for being part of the team? If so, what are they?

Thank you,
Tia"

Great question!

A launch team basically receives a free ebook version of the novel and has to complete a few tasks in return after reading it such as:

Reviewing it
Tweeting about it
Basically advertising it and giving feedback

Julia

message 4: by Tia (new)

Tia Tormen (tiatormen) | 35 comments Thank you for answering my question.
Besides the free ebook, what perks are there for the team members?
Tia

message 5: by Tia (new)

Tia Tormen (tiatormen) | 35 comments I didn't mean for that to come out sounding mean, but people give away free ebooks all the time. Are there other perks to being on the team?
I could see an authors group/circle type thing starting from an idea like this, where the group of authors all read each others stories and agree to tweet, review and advertise for each other.
I think if more authors did this for each other --especially Indy authors -- it would help more authors reach a wider audience in a larger area.
~Tia

message 6: by Julia (new)

Julia Elizabeth | 6 comments I agree. Indy authors should stick together! Anyhow: to answer your question. There are other benefits. If you conplete a few things on my checklist you get a 50% off coupon for a physical copy of the book. And there may be other prizes, but I haven't decided yet