Perspective Plus discussion

Chit Chat > WHEEEEEE

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Paul (new)

Paul (merman1967) | 228 comments I got a phone call from Cleveland.com, and they are interested in publishing and editorial I wrote on their site and/or in the Plain Dealer. Here it is:

An Open Letter to Steve Wiles of North Carolina and to all others that believe marriage is a religious institution:

Marriage is not a religious institution. It is a legal institution that can be observed with a religious ceremony. As an ordained minister I had to get permission from the government to solemnize vows. A couple that comes to me to be married also has to have permission. Additionally, once I solemnize the vows it is still not a legal marriage until I return the papers to the government. Transversely, should a couple choose a judge to solemnize their vows, nothing is needed from any church or minister. How then is marriage a religious institution? You don't get to throw away the history and laws of this country because they don't line up with your religious beliefs. That is a state known as anarchy.

Reverend Patterson

message 2: by Narzain (new)

Narzain | 194 comments Good for you!

message 3: by Kim, Proud Queen of the Fat and Fabulous! (new)

Kim (mrsnesbitt) | 1031 comments Mod
Again, I am happy for you and I get the paper, so I will look for it.

message 4: by Kim, Proud Queen of the Fat and Fabulous! (new)

Your letter appeared in today's paper, 5/12/14. I will keep you all posted as to any rebuttals.

message 5: by Paul (new)

Paul (merman1967) | 228 comments OOOO! Thank you :)

message 6: by Kim, Proud Queen of the Fat and Fabulous! (new)

No prob. It's something I can do.

message 7: by Paul (new)

Paul (merman1967) | 228 comments I do not see the letter on cleveland.com. If I am not able to track down a copy of yesterday's paper, I'd like to borrow yours and make a copy of that. Thanks :)

message 8: by Kim, Proud Queen of the Fat and Fabulous! (new)

You will need to log onto the county library web site and look up the Plain Dealer e-edition to read it. Just look for Monday's edition under the "edition" heading. I only get a physical paper on Wed., Fri. Sat.and Sun. (P.D.'s rules, not mine) and have to read the other days at the library. You may be able to read via Cleveland Public library's site as well. It is hard to print from the e-edition, but I can try to see if I can get a copy for you.

message 9: by Kim, Proud Queen of the Fat and Fabulous! (new)

You will need to log onto the county library web site and look up the Plain Dealer e-edition to read it. Just look for Monday's edition under the "edition" heading. I only get a physical paper on Wed., Fri. Sat.and Sun. (P.D.'s rules, not mine) and have to read the other days at the library. You may be able to read via Cleveland Public library's site as well. It is hard to print from the e-edition, but I can try to see if I can get a copy for you.

Physical papers are at county libraries and in most stores. I may be able to xerox the letter if I can find the paper archive.

message 10: by Paul (new)

Paul (merman1967) | 228 comments Thanks, dear. I will try that.

message 11: by Kim, Proud Queen of the Fat and Fabulous! (new)

I tried emailing the page to you via the P.D. site. I hope it works.

message 12: by Paul (new)

Paul (merman1967) | 228 comments I got the email, but it sent the weather. Thank you for trying.... I will pop into the library and try to get it today or tomorrow. Cleveland's system only allows access through in-library computers. Huggies my dear