What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. Contemporary Romance suspense novel about Law officer with rottweiler and neighbor with small daughter [s]

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Laura (new)

Laura Weber I am desperately trying to find a book that I want to reread and keep in my collection. I thought for sure it was by one of my regular authors, but can't find it.

I am pretty sure it was an ebook or an audio book and it was at least 5 years ago I think but no longer than 7 (I hope).

Hopefully if I tell you a little about the plot someone out there can help me find it.

It is a contemporary romance suspense novel. The main characters are a law officer who has a rottweiler that is a trained police dog. He lives in the country next door to a mother and small daughter who have just moved in. The mother is hiding from her father-in-law (I think) who wants to take the child. In the beginning of the novel I remember she is having car trouble and I think the officer helps her with that. Also, initially the child is afraid of the dog but the dog keeps getting out of his house and going over to see her. The law officer (sheriff? Deputy?) is worried because if there is a complaint about the dog, he could be put down. The dog eventually wins her over and becomes her protector. I remember that hired men break in and the dog protects the little girl. Of course, the law officer and the mother fall in love.

Does this sound familiar to anyone? Hopefully this rings a bell with someone.

Thank you for any help you can give me. I am sure you know how it is when you get a book in your head that you just have to read and then can't find it. LOL It is driving me crazy.

message 3: by Laura (new)

Laura Weber Solved !!! Sigh, Thank you so much!!!!! I will finally be able to read it this weekend during our heat wave.

I thought it was her book, but then I couldn't find it.

Sure wish she had it as an audio book, but just so grateful to you for finding it.

Now I just need to figure out how to move this thread to the solved folder. :D

message 4: by Juels (new)

Juels | 2476 comments You're welcome.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Forever After (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Catherine Anderson (other topics)