Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Liv Kommer fra Liv / Vejen til Fuldkommenhed
Book Issues > Please combine (complex)

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Halvor (Raknes) (last edited Jun 10, 2016 06:18AM) (new) - added it

Halvor (Raknes) | 4772 comments I've already upon creating this entry listed it as an edition of Life Comes from Life. Now, this volume contains two books that are published separately in English. The other is The Path of Perfection, and I would like this also to be reflected in the entry data, though I don't know how I can effect this. Hopefully someone with more editing rights than I possess can do this. I have written this in the 'edition' info, but preferably it should also show as an alternative edition to the second book which I link to above.

message 2: by Krazykiwi (new)

Krazykiwi | 1767 comments It should not be combined with either book if it actually contains both.

Halvor (Raknes) | 4772 comments Really?! That's very unfortunate. Then people looking at the English (or any other language) versions will find it hard learning that a Danish translation exists. Is there no way to ameliorate this dilemma?

message 4: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 42427 comments Mod
Also, that sort of information about contents doesn't belong in the edition field. Moved to description, also edited title, and separated from the editions with just one book.

Halvor (Raknes) | 4772 comments OK, however clearifying, aren't you taking liberties with the title edit as nothing in the books cover or colophon mentions the other book?

message 6: by Paula (last edited Jun 10, 2016 08:53AM) (new)

Paula (paulaan) | 7027 comments Policy where one edition contains multiple books is to list those in the title field

https://www.goodreads.com/help/show/2...

Edit: And as a GR Employee rivka can override policy where Librarians should not

Halvor (Raknes) | 4772 comments OK, I kinda wasn't thinking Rivka was doing anything wrong as per GR policy, mote along the lines of doing something wromg. Period. Anyway, it's a situation where some sort of compromise seems nedded. The current situations is not the worst possible.