Play Book Tag discussion

Chainfire (Sword of Truth, #9)
This topic is about Chainfire
June, 2016: Fantasy > Chainfire (Sword of Truth #9), by Terry Goodkind--3 stars

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Lisa (spirolim) | 178 comments Synopsis: With Wizard's First Rule and seven subsequent masterpieces, Terry Goodkind has thrilled readers worldwide with the unique sweep of his storytelling. Now Goodkind returns with a new novel of Richard and Kahlan, the beginning of a sequence of three novels that will bring their epic story to its culmination.

After being gravely injured in battle, Richard awakes to discover Kahlan missing. To his disbelief, no one remembers the woman he is frantically trying to find. Worse, no one believes that she really exists, or that he was ever married. Alone as never before, he must find the woman he loves more than life itself....if she is even still alive. If she was ever even real.

My Thoughts: I'm starting to get really bored with this series, but I'm still determined to finish it.

The writing has become too repetitive and the redundancies are bogging down the story. A person who has never read this series could read any of these books out of order and be absolutely fine, because Terry Goodkind feels the need to re-explain everything with each and every installment. But, for the readers who have faithfully stuck to the correct order and are reading these books back-to-back, the constant explaining and re-explaining is making us yawn.

I also still don't like Richard. I don't hate him, but I just don't like him. He just talks way too much; it seems like every he says goes on waaay too long. I do like Nicci though.

Overall, the story was interesting, but 60% of the writing was slow and tiresome. Like I said earlier, I still am determined to get this entire series over and done with, so I'm going to move on to the next book, but I have been forewarned that the next story will be just as bad.

message 2: by Anita (new)

Anita Pomerantz | 6640 comments Lol, I'm so grateful that my OCD about finishing books doesn't extend to finishing series . . .I'm impressed you can soldier on after I read your "My Thoughts" section. How many more books do you have to go?

message 3: by annapi (last edited Jun 26, 2016 09:03AM) (new)

annapi | 5117 comments I tried this series but couldn't finish the first book.

Sara (mootastic1) | 770 comments I finished this series. I could not have read them all back to back. The same thing happens in every single book. By the end I was only reading them just to know how it all played out. It wasn't worth it.