Indie Authors Monthly Magazine For Authors and Readers discussion

Book Discussions > help me find this book!!!

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Nikki (new)

Nikki  (nikkiarmstrong) Hey all,

I'm looking for a dystopian book where people live right next to each other and are allocated jobs to stay alive. One such job was like baby-makers, who were chosen based on high IQ and being good-looking. From memory, I think the groups were living underground and that above ground eventually killed people since the air was poisonous or something?

Cheers

message 2: by R.L. (new)

R.L. Mathewson (rlmathewson) | 2 comments Nikki, I want to say that I've seen this movie. Is it possible that the book was later made into a movie? If so I may be able to track down the name for you.

R.L.

message 3: by Elessar (new)

Elessar | 5 comments Do you mean the City of Ember?

message 4: by Alyson (new)

Alyson Stone (alysonserenastone) | 194 comments Kind of sounds like The City of Ember.

message 5: by Nikki (new)

Nikki  (nikkiarmstrong) Hey, unfortunately not city of ember! Jobs are given to people purposely, based on things like their looks, intelligence, strength etc and not drawn from a bag randomly. If you have any other ideas let me know!!!

message 6: by Elessar (new)

Elessar | 5 comments Nikki wrote: "Hey, unfortunately not city of ember! Jobs are given to people purposely, based on things like their looks, intelligence, strength etc and not drawn from a bag randomly. If you have any other ideas..."
I know this is late but the Giver sounds similar to what you meant but it's not underground.

message 7: by Carole (new)

Carole P. Roman | 1237 comments Mod
Nikki wrote: "Hey all,

I'm looking for a dystopian book where people live right next to each other and are allocated jobs to stay alive. One such job was like baby-makers, who were chosen based on high IQ and b..."

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2...

Indie Authors Monthly Magazine For Authors and...

unread topics | mark unread