Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Mike Ebbers
This topic is about Mike Ebbers
Book Issues > Two to combine, one that's an old parser error?

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Clint (new)

Clint Dalrymple (subcomputer) | 5 comments I am trying to combine Introduction to the New Mainframe: z/OS Basics with Introduction to the New Mainframe: z/OS Basics (It should also be combined with Introduction To The New Mainframe: Z/Os Basics as a pretty please but that's not the main thing), I'm seeing two in the author's list but not in the Combine menu.

Lastly, Introduction to the New Mainframe is a problem. Mike Ebbers is currently listed as an author of four "Introduction to the New Mainframe" series books on IBM Redbooks (i.e. "Introduction to the New Mainframe: Networking"), none of which have this isbn. Which is because it's the isbn for "Deployment Using Altiris on IBM System X and BladeCenter Servers". Which Mike Ebbers wasn't involved in, unless he received a "thank you" credit of some form inside the book.

message 2: by Renske (new)

Renske | 10796 comments To combine books they need to have the same primary author. Which can mean the primary author of the earlier edition needs to be added to later editions of a textbook.