What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Query abandoned by poster > Thriller involving a cult on the Olympic peninsula.

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Bongofury19 (new)

Bongofury19 | 4 comments Hi, I'm looking for a thriller that I read maybe a year ago, maybe two years ago, not quite sure about the time and not sure how new it was, though my guess would be that it was relatively new. I don't remember anything about the author, title or cover, but it was a thriller of some sort.

What I remember is this (some spoilers):
I think the main protagonist (either a cop or a private citizen) drove to Seattle from somewhere else to search for the perps of some crime. In Seattle I think he got help from a journalist, who I think was a woman. The bad guys are some sort of a cult and I remember that the leaders of the cult had nice houses in Seattle and had gotten rich off of the cult. I also remember that the protagonists felt in danger and like they might be followed in Seattle. The main clue to identifying the book though is that the cult had some sort of a compound with some sort of huts deep in the forests of the Olympic penninsula. I remember the protagonists going in there at night. It's possible they were trying to retrieve someone (a kidnapped person maybe?) or something from the cult.

message 2: by Kate (new)

Kate Farrell | 4070 comments Mod
I'm going to check on J.A. Jance. One of her Seattle-based books could be this. I have a vague memory...

Amber (Daisymau) (daisymau) | 1261 comments I think I read this, or at least a book with a similar plot. If I remember right, the cult leader was the either the step-father or ex-father-in-law of the heroine. I also think that it was her son that was kidnapped. Now I just have to remember the title or author?

message 4: by Kate (new)

Kate Farrell | 4070 comments Mod
Until Proven Guilty has religious fanaticism with a dead child as the starting point of the mystery.

message 5: by Bongofury19 (new)

Bongofury19 | 4 comments That seems like an interesting book, but I don't think that's the one. Though, I'm not 100 % sure.

message 6: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 39296 comments Mod
Bongofury19, are you still looking for this or did you find it?

message 7: by Bongofury19 (new)

Bongofury19 | 4 comments I am still looking for it actually

message 8: by CJ (new)

CJ | 12 comments Could you be talking about the Clive Cussler novel series of The Oregon? Specifically - The Plague Ship? It deals with a kidnapped son by a cult and I believe a Seattle based set of doctors? Your description sounds alot like this book - hope it helps.

message 9: by Bongofury19 (new)

Bongofury19 | 4 comments Thanks for the suggestion. But that's not it. Definitely no ships involved

message 10: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Still looking now?

message 11: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

No response, moving to Abandoned.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Until Proven Guilty (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

J.A. Jance (other topics)