THE JAMES MASON COMMUNITY BOOK CLUB discussion

Authors and Their Books > Romantic Love

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by I. (new)

I. Appt (iaappt) | 31 comments “In true love, one has no reservations.True love is unquestionable,indisputable and totally recognizable.”

― I. Alan Appt, The Strength in Knowing

message 2: by Larry (new)

Larry Winebrenner (wmyrral) | 45 comments The Greeks had several words which are translated as "love" in the New Testament. I don't remember all of them, but two folks will probably recognize---philia=brotherly love;
agape=unconditional love;
eros=passionate or physical love;
storge=affection

None of these really fit the "I love pizza" sense in which love is used. I guess the Greeks didn't know everything!

[Of course someone is going to rebut me by telling me the Greek word that fits there.] C|8>}D

message 3: by I. (new)

I. Appt (iaappt) | 31 comments In the movie "Pandora and the Flying Dutchman" "The true measure of love is what one is willing to give up for it"

message 4: by Larry (new)

Larry Winebrenner (wmyrral) | 45 comments Great concept. That makes love an active entity instead of a definition or translation. THX

message 5: by Peter (new)

Peter Glassman (pglassma) | 17 comments True Love is thinking of oneself less. It can be difficult for returning soldiers with PTSD. Interpersonal priorities are critical as in THE HELIOS RAIN.