Children's Book Review Exchange discussion

Guidelines/Rules for Rating Books

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by George (new)

George Paul | 3 comments Mod
Guidelines for rating a book. ALL MUST FOLLOW THESE RULES, NO PERSONAL CRITERIA IS TO BE USED.
All books stand on their own merit. They are not to be compared to legendary or classic work or current works of their time. Everyone has distinct and different opinion of a book, so to limit the objectivity we are only following the judging criteria of 1-5 based on the below: Use the 10 point system below. Rate each category 1-5. Add up the total and divide by 10. That will be your rating. YOU MUST EXPLAIN HOW YOU CAME UP WITH YOUR RATING. To do that, please post your 10 point guideline score for each category to see where you think the author fell short or excelled. Transparency is key to ratings and will provide the author with the best feedback.
1- Cover
2- Illustrations
3- Story/Plot
4- Characterization
5- Message or what book is implying to children
6- Originality
7- Author's Writing Style
8- Marketability
9- Perfection in Grammar/Spelling etc.
10- Memorable Ending

message 2: by Kathryn (new)

Kathryn Harrison | 1 comments Hi George,
I'm interested in joining this group so I can have my children's book reviewed and provide others with honest reviews of their children's books. Will it be run in such a way that the reviews will comply with both Goodreads and Amazon's review guidelines (ie ensuring non-reciprocal reviews)? Thank-you.

message 3: by Matthew (new)

Matthew Newnham | 1 comments This looks like fun and I sense there will be a great deal of honesty. Looking forward to reading and reviewing as well as having my books read and reviewed.

message 4: by Rhonda (new)

Rhonda Patton | 1 comments I would love to join and do exchange reviews. I am not a perfectionist in grammar and that is where I need help. But everything else I would love to exchange a review for.

message 5: by Deanie (new)

Deanie Humphrys-Dunne | 2 comments I would like to join the group. I think my books would be enjoyed by children between 8-10 years old. If you'd like to find out more, please visit my website:www.childrensbookswithlifelessons.com.
Please ask if you have any questions or concerns.

message 6: by Aphrodyi (new)

Aphrodyi Walker | 1 comments I would love to join! My bookTalisha Snow White: And Her Little Munchkins needs some reviews!