Pick-a-Shelf discussion

Bookopoly (2015 - 2016) > Animal Farm

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tien (last edited Jun 09, 2016 04:26PM) (new)

Tien (tiensblurb) | 8675 comments Mod
Let me dictate pick which books you shall read!

description

message 2: by Nancy (new)

Nancy (nancyhelen) | 37 comments Hi Tien,

I've just landed on your space. Could you choose a book for me from my Bookopoly shelf?

Thanks!

message 3: by Tien (new)

Welcome, NancyHelen! Do you really only want 1 book or would you like a choice of 3?

I'll be back in a moment...

message 4: by Tien (new)

The Devil's Grin (Anna Kronberg Thriller #1) by Annelie Wendeberg -1 of 2 books I've read on your shelf and am not familiar with the rest! lol I've really enjoyed this book & rated it 4*s so I hope you like this one

The Prince (Laments of Angels & Dark Chemistry #2) by Meg Xuemei X -highest avg. rating @4.28
Ravenwood by Margaux Gillis & Margarita Gakis -loved the cover & blurb; tempted to add to my tbr. Please let me know if you pick this one & loved it ;)

message 5: by Nancy (new)

Nancy (nancyhelen) | 37 comments Thank you so much! Sorry, I ought to have said 3, as it is good to have a choice.

All of the books on my shelf are Amazon freebies so there are some pretty obscure ones, I know. I'll go for Ravenwood so I can let you know whether it is any good or not.

message 6: by Tien (new)

oh I see... yeah, I've got a few of those too ha ha ha...

It looks good so I hope it IS :)

message 7: by Marina (new)

Marina (sonnenbarke) | 1398 comments Hi Tien! I've just landed on your space. Could I please have three picks from my shelf?

message 8: by Tien (new)

Hi there, Marina... here are my picks for you:

Twilight in Djakarta - my birthplace/home city for the first 15 years of my life :)

Random Acts Of Heroic Love - this one sounds really good, let me know what you think if you do read this one

Unusual Uses for Olive Oil (Portuguese Irregular Verbs #4) - our family used to have a daschund & this sounds like a fun read, if you're after something lighter.

message 9: by Marina (new)

Marina (sonnenbarke) | 1398 comments Thanks Tien! They all are very interesting books, so it's hard to pick only one. However, I think I'll go with Random Acts Of Heroic Love, as it's been sitting on my shelves for quite a long time - which is not fair since it's a bookcrossing book and should be set free ;-)
I'll let you know my thoughts on it.

message 10: by Marina (new)

Marina (sonnenbarke) | 1398 comments Hey Tien, I just wanted to thank you for picking Random Acts Of Heroic Love for me. You wanted to know how it was - you can find my short review here: https://www.goodreads.com/review/show... I really, really loved it and toyed for a while with the possibility of adding it to my all time favorites. I don't think I'll add it to that list, though, but I loved it so much! I can definitely recommend it to you.

message 11: by Cecile (new)

Cecile Grudzinski Tien wrote: "Let me dictate pick which books you shall read!

"

LOL you must have read Shatter Me