The Challenge Factory discussion

2016 ♦Archives Buddy Read ♦ > K-Terror & Ezi - Loving Mr. Daniels

Comments Showing 1-39 of 39 (39 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (new)

Ezinwanyi Chinyere | 16144 comments Mod
Blurb:
To Whom it May Concern,

It was easy to call us forbidden and harder to call us soulmates. Yet I believed we were both. Forbidden soulmates.

When I arrived to Edgewood, Wisconsin I didn’t plan to find him. I didn't plan to stumble into Joe's bar and have Daniel's music stir up my emotions. I had no clue that his voice would make my hurts forget their own sorrow. I had no idea that my happiness would remember its own bliss.

When I started senior year at my new school, I wasn’t prepared to call him Mr. Daniels, but sometimes life happens at the wrong time for all the right reasons.

Our love story wasn’t only about the physical connection.

It was about family. It was about loss. It was about being alive. It was silly. It was painful. It was mourning. It was laughter.

It was ours.

And for those reasons alone, I would never apologize for Loving Mr. Daniels.

-Ashlyn Jennings (less)

message 2: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (new)

I got it on audio

message 3: by K~Terror (new)

K~Terror (k-terror) | 4537 comments Me too - of course!

message 4: by K~Terror (new)

K~Terror (k-terror) | 4537 comments I've actually heard this one is pretty good! *fingers crossed*

message 5: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (new)

Ok then. I'll bite

message 6: by K~Terror (new)

K~Terror (k-terror) | 4537 comments I know.. kind of scary... We can wait until later in the month if you wanna make sure you get some good ones under your belt first. I'll be back from Oregon on the 22nd.

message 7: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (new)

Ok. Lol

message 8: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (new)

I'm ready

message 9: by K~Terror (new)

K~Terror (k-terror) | 4537 comments Alrighty! :) I can probably fit it into a new task tomorrow... When do you wanna start?

message 10: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (new)

Can we start today or do you need another day?

message 11: by K~Terror (new)

K~Terror (k-terror) | 4537 comments I can start today. I'm finishing up Kristen Ashley in about an hour and then can begin our pervy teacher story... ;)

message 12: by K~Terror (new)

K~Terror (k-terror) | 4537 comments I'm going in!

message 13: by K~Terror (new)

K~Terror (k-terror) | 4537 comments Starting off with some angst right off the bat....

Feels a little bit like... but it's still early...

message 14: by K~Terror (new)

K~Terror (k-terror) | 4537 comments Towards the end of Chapter 13 (Audio) --- 38% into the Book

(view spoiler)

message 15: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (new)

My youngest has the flu since yesterday. I have been playing nurse mommy to my 5yr old. I'll start shortly

message 16: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (last edited Jun 27, 2016 06:49PM) (new)

I'm on chapter 1.
Drug addict photo: drug addict scarface6eq0.gif

That prologue made the bottom drop out of my stomach. Druggies are bad for family members.

Drug addict photo: drug rehab 3-drug-rehab-centers.jpg

message 17: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (new)

Lol. "As she hung out with Tupac and Nemo's mom"

That made me laugh

message 18: by K~Terror (new)

K~Terror (k-terror) | 4537 comments :)

Ya, it was a pretty angsty start.... Definitely grabbed my attention!

message 19: by K~Terror (new)

K~Terror (k-terror) | 4537 comments I've still got Aria & Ezra casted for the parts...

message 20: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (new)

K~Terror wrote: "I've still got Aria & Ezra casted for the parts..."

Who are those people? What show.

message 21: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (last edited Jun 27, 2016 07:21PM) (new)

Wisconsin: the land of Cows, cheese & beer.LOL. I love it.

Ashlyn's mother is a piece of shite! Seriously? She just lost her twin Gabi and now she is being shipped off to live with someone else.

message 22: by K~Terror (new)

K~Terror (k-terror) | 4537 comments Ya, that was heartbreaking. I can't imagine how you would feel to be the mom who lost a child but apparently the twin had always been the preferred one. Ouch.

I just saw that your kiddo wasn't feeling well. Hope he gets better soon - no fun being sick in the summer. :(

message 23: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (new)

K~Terror wrote: "Ya, that was heartbreaking. I can't imagine how you would feel to be the mom who lost a child but apparently the twin had always been the preferred one. Ouch.

I just saw that your kiddo wasn't fe..."

He was pretty miserable. So I trying to keep him okay

message 24: by K~Terror (new)

K~Terror (k-terror) | 4537 comments Awe.... You're a good mama!

message 25: by K~Terror (new)

K~Terror (k-terror) | 4537 comments I'm not sure if it's because I listened to half and set aside and lost something when I came back to it but...
(view spoiler)

message 26: by K~Terror (new)

K~Terror (k-terror) | 4537 comments Mr Daniel's will not be my next book boyfriend...

(view spoiler)

message 27: by K~Terror (new)

K~Terror (k-terror) | 4537 comments Did they say what illness her sister died of?

message 28: by K~Terror (new)

K~Terror (k-terror) | 4537 comments I should have waited another 5 minutes because they said it right after I posted that last question.

I finished it last night/early this morning but needed to sit on it before I rated it.

I enjoyed the end of the story more than the beginning... I did a lot of eye rolls and maybe it was because of the whole similarity to PLL, it was hard to feel like it was a new story...

message 29: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (new)

Daniel Daniels??? What is his mother smoking with her doubles?

1. Love Gabi's bucket list
2. So it's Jace and Dani now that Sarah is dead. How sad. And he's still on drugs
3. He's a singer and a teacher? That reminds me of Slammed by Colleen Hoover

message 30: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (new)

I actually like her new step siblings...though they aren't really related as they aren't Harvey'a bio kids.

How can an assistant Principal not be in his kids life? I need more in the way of an explanation

message 31: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (new)

So Ryan was gay? I suspected that. He's quirky and precocious. Hayley on the other hand is openly sensitive and I knew her boyfriend was going to dump/cheat on her.
I wasn't expecting with Leah though

message 32: by K~Terror (new)

K~Terror (k-terror) | 4537 comments I really liked her new step siblings too! (A nice surprising twist..) :)
Ryan and his "Tony's" -- pretty cute!

I had a hard time understanding that too about their dad/assistant principal... I didn't gleam anything from the story that explained why that would be... Other than he thought they were fine with her. (Lame..)

message 33: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (new)

He has a picture of his non-bio kids but none of Ashlyn and Gabi's.

Was he married to Gabi's mom? Was it her alcoholism? Or did her habit develop after whatever happened with Henry?

I really like Daniel. He's still hurting over the loss of his parents.

This family swap will actually better for All the kids.

Why is Hayley so stuck on that asshole Theo?

message 34: by K~Terror (new)

K~Terror (k-terror) | 4537 comments How far are you?

message 35: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (new)

I don't know how I feel about the sneaking around. Also, it has consumed the last 2 chapters so I haven't heard a peep about Ryan and Hayley

message 36: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (new)

Ch. 29: How could Rebecca blame her son for her husband's death? She was just mad he was gay and looking to punish him.

This is terrible. Ryan took Jace's pills. I feel so terrible

message 37: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (new)

I would have loved an apology or explanation from Ashylyn's mom.
But I love how this book ended.

Favorite things: Gabi's letters

Didn't Layken's mom leave letters in Slammed?

message 38: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (new)

Did Jace go to rehab? What happened to the boathouse?
Is Hayley with Jake now?

What about Rebecca? That whole thing with Ryan felt unresolved. Why did Henry love Rebecca?

message 39: by K~Terror (new)

K~Terror (k-terror) | 4537 comments I have no idea why I didn't check down here until now - usually I get notifications to remind me but for some reason I didn't.

Yes, I agree - there were a lot of things I wish I would have had more information on... I didn't picture Henry and Rebecca together either. I really didn't get that. There were some major tears when Ryan died - soooooo heartbreaking!

In MY MIND, Jace went to rehab and straightened himself out - Ryan was his wake-up call.

I definitely liked the last part of the book better than the middle of it... It had a good ending that wasn't totally predictable.