Midnight Lily
This topic is about Midnight Lily
2016 ♦Archives Buddy Read ♦ > Krissy, K-Terror & Ezi - Midnight Lily

Comments Showing 1-50 of 67 (67 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (new) - rated it 1 star

Ezinwanyi Chinyere | 16188 comments Mod
BLURB:Publisher's Summary

Holden Scott is the prince of professional football. At least he was before he lost it all...or, more to the point, before he threw it all away. Now he's out of a job, out of the public's good graces, and perhaps just a little out of his mind. So when a friend offers up his remote lodge in the wilds of Colorado, giving Holden some time away to get his life back on track, he can hardly say no. The last thing he expects is to see a beautiful girl in the woods - one wearing a white lace dress who appears in the moonlight and leaves no footprints behind. Is she a dream? A ghost? A product of his muddled imagination? Or something entirely different?
Midnight Lily is the haunting love story of two lost souls reaching for each other in the dark - a tale of healing, acceptance, and the worlds we create to protect our own hearts. It is a story of being lost, of being found, and of being in the place in between.

Contains mature themes.

message 2: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (new) - rated it 1 star

Started.
Holden reminds me of Lamar Odum---pills

K~Terror (k-terror) | 4537 comments True!

You know, I think I just grabbed it from KU because it was Mia Sheridan. This is the first I read what it was about. LOL!

I'm running a couple errands and bringing my audio with me!

Holden just got to the lodge...

message 4: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (new) - rated it 1 star

Why is he popping oxy like tic tacs? Dude is messed up. Drugs and alcohol--sounds suicidal. Why don't his friends take him to a real rehab for celebs? They can be private

K~Terror (k-terror) | 4537 comments I know... Dropped him off at a secluded lodge and said "see ya!"

Don't people usually have to be watched for health issues relating to withdrawals? I mean. If he hadn't snuck in his drugs..

So this is all over this Ryan dude...

message 6: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (new) - rated it 1 star

And there is no Walmart, whole food, chipotle close by. He needs new friends.
Maybe it's punishment because he probably screwed one of their girlfriends, lol.

He's not exactly sober enough to know whom he's giving the business to...or even where :(

Holden, you are seeming douche-ish right now.

message 7: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (new) - rated it 1 star

Ryan must be dead.

K~Terror (k-terror) | 4537 comments Ya.. I'm not impressed by Holden so far. I think he did say Ryan was dead. But not sure if it was related to his dad using him as a punching bag or not yet..

So midnight Lily is locked up in a crazy house but is out in the woods...

I'm still smh at how his friend dumped him at his lodge and left... And you're right - no food. The friend clearly did not think this thru..

message 9: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (new) - rated it 1 star

Anyone who loves me better not dump me far from a Starbucks and Baskin Robbins and Wendy's. Actually, I need chipotle too.

This Lily chick better not be the oxy talking. Or a ghost. I need real people.

Fiends haven't even called to make sure a lion, tiger or bear didn't eat him. SMH. He must have slept with their moms too

K~Terror (k-terror) | 4537 comments Haha! No kidding! He's obviously burned a lot of bridges!!

I was wondering about her full story too..

Well, she said she might be a ghost just now! Lol!

K~Terror (k-terror) | 4537 comments Starbucks is a given for me too! And near a gas station or grocery store where I can buy spree..

I guess if the lodge doesn't have wifi to check GR and download my audios, I could do that at the Starbucks.

Maybe he's really at a facility and is suffering delusions with his withdrawals and this whole book is a dream...

K~Terror (k-terror) | 4537 comments He sounds like such a d-bag, he prolly did sleep with everyone's sisters, moms, grandma's and daughters (18+) - giving him the benefit of the doubt...

K~Terror (k-terror) | 4537 comments Hmm... Dressed from a previous era...

message 14: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (new) - rated it 1 star

K~Terror wrote: "He sounds like such a d-bag, he prolly did sleep with everyone's sisters, moms, grandma's and daughters (18+) - giving him the benefit of the doubt..."

Lol. Their dads too. Hehehe.

Hell yea she's dressed from another era. If there is no mall, she probably has Quaker Puritan clothing. Where else can a girl shop? Maybe she makes her own clothes.

Ghosts don't know they are ghost though. Don't worry, he's going to try to sleep with her soon so we will know if she's real

message 15: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (new) - rated it 1 star

She's 19yr and he's 25 yrs old. A washed up former 49-ers player at 25!
Wow. The death must have devastated him. Where is his dad though?

K~Terror (k-terror) | 4537 comments I'm not sure I caught his family info - was that when he was talking to Ryan in 7th grade? I just caught that Ryan only had his dad left.

The douche likes literature? Really?

The sex should be telling... ;)

I just ran into the grocery store and they're out of spree. Not happy.

K~Terror (k-terror) | 4537 comments Oh wait. You mean Ryan's dad? Wondered... Jail?

K~Terror (k-terror) | 4537 comments I thought Taylor was showing up to help Holden out with his addiction / withdrawals... but no.....

K~Terror (k-terror) | 4537 comments I think you're ahead of me but feel free to tell me to shut up and use spoilers if not..

He is breaking up with Taylor cuz of Lily and her seeing them and now Lilly's all upset.

Are you buying that their relationship is to that point? I feel like I missed a bunch of dates and some conversations where they actually know stuff about each other maybe...

K~Terror (k-terror) | 4537 comments Abandoned loony bin...

message 21: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (new) - rated it 1 star

Nope. You are ahead. I watched a movie with hubby so I haven't read past Holden looking up at the sky with ghosty

Krissy (krissystewart) | 3110 comments Lurking...

message 23: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (new) - rated it 1 star

Join us Krissy. I'm only on chapter 5

Krissy (krissystewart) | 3110 comments Ugh... I thought about it! But idk....

Krissy (krissystewart) | 3110 comments Okay, I can't resist a $2.99 audio price tag. Dammit. I'm a weak weak weak girl

Krissy (krissystewart) | 3110 comments A hardcore pill addict would need more than 2 pills at a time to feel "normal"

message 27: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (new) - rated it 1 star

Krissy wrote: "Okay, I can't resist a $2.99 audio price tag. Dammit. I'm a weak weak weak girl"

Hahaha. Welcome Krissy!

message 28: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (last edited Jun 10, 2016 07:09AM) (new) - rated it 1 star

Percocet contains a combination of acetaminophen and oxycodone. Oxycodone is an opioid pain medication. An opioid is sometimes called a narcotic. Acetaminophen is a less potent pain reliever that increases the effects of oxycodone.

Percocet is used to relieve moderate to severe pain.

Percocet may also be used for purposes not listed in this medication guide.

effects, acetaminophen / oxycodone may cause unwanted side effects that require medical attention.

Severity: Major
If any of the following side effects occur while taking acetaminophen / oxycodone, check with your doctor immediately:

More common:
Abdominal or stomach pain
black, tarry stools
chills
dark urine
dizziness
fever
headache
itching
light-colored stools
loss of appetite
nausea
rash
unpleasant breath odor
unusual tiredness or weakness
vomiting of blood
yellow eyes or skin
Rare:
Cough or hoarseness
fever with or without chills
general feeling of tiredness or weakness
lower back or side pain
painful or difficult urination
sore throat
sores, ulcers, or white spots on the lips or in the mouth
unusual bleeding or bruising
Incidence not known:

message 29: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (new) - rated it 1 star

Taylor the ex shows up and ruins Two days of hellish work. Taylor didn't see Lily. OMG, Percocet created an imaginary friend

Krissy (krissystewart) | 3110 comments My family and my husband's family are full off pill junkies. Percs or lortabs is what they started with usually. They eventually moved on to stronger shit. I've taken them many times in my life. Sometimes for a long enough period of time to experience withdrawals. Luckily I've never fallen into the abyss of addiction but damn. The withdrawels suck ass even for an occasional user. I can't imagine how they feel to a hard core addict.

Krissy (krissystewart) | 3110 comments I don't understand why his friend would just drop him off and not check up on him to make sure he was making it through his withdrawals okay. Right now he should be living on the toilet. Puking and shitting his guts out.

Krissy (krissystewart) | 3110 comments Fuck you Taylor. Go away

Krissy (krissystewart) | 3110 comments Stopping at 43%. The husband wants to watch a few episodes of our show. Right at Lily's first orgasm. My husband has great timing

message 34: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (new) - rated it 1 star

Taylor is a damn Groupie. She's not at all concerned about him. But what friend gave her his information considering he's supposed to be off the grid?

This info regarding the mental institution is disturbing and I know it has some significance right? I'm scared where this is going.

Is it coincidence that his "friends" dumped him by a defunct insane asylum? Doesn't he have an agent or something?

message 35: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (new) - rated it 1 star

Why does he think he's in love with Lily? It feels like a mix between lust and desperation. The kind of desperation like when a military man is about to ship out and needs an anchor to their home life.

Krissy, is his behavior consistent with the addicts in your family?

message 36: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (new) - rated it 1 star

Krissy wrote: "Stopping at 43%. The husband wants to watch a few episodes of our show. Right at Lily's first orgasm. My husband has great timing"

Lol. What's your show? Hubby and I are Game of Throne and the Walking Dead junkies.
I'm currently watching Teen wolf on my own

K~Terror (k-terror) | 4537 comments Looks like you guys have been busy! Hey Krissy! *waves!*

I got through almost half of it last night and getting ready to get back to it this morning...

This whole book has been a little disturbing so far.. I feel like it's a dream or a delusion.. Like nothing quite fits together right.

message 38: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (new) - rated it 1 star

I'm at their first sexual encounter. I don't know what chapter that is

message 39: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (new) - rated it 1 star

Who the hell is Ryan and who is Holden?
Dear Brandon, can you explain?

message 40: by K~Terror (last edited Jun 10, 2016 10:06AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

K~Terror (k-terror) | 4537 comments Woah... 61% (Chapter 17 on the audio)

Wait?! What??????????
processing... processing....

message 41: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (new) - rated it 1 star

And intent has been revealed. Holy smokes batman.
Holden aka Ryan aka Lily

Krissy (krissystewart) | 3110 comments The addicts in my family are a hot mess. They can barely function normally on a day to day basis. It's a sad sight. I don't think Holden is yet on that level. Just headed there quickly if he doesn't turn his shit around.

The show my husband and I are currently addicted to is Suits. We loved it. We watch it with Amazon prime since it isn't available on Netflix.

K~Terror (k-terror) | 4537 comments So what is real?

K~Terror (k-terror) | 4537 comments The Lodge?

K~Terror (k-terror) | 4537 comments Mind fuck

message 46: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (new) - rated it 1 star

Jay confused photo tumblr_lmupsmI7rM1qdqggg.gif
Ezi is confused. Maybe I'm on drugs because...who is who? Who is dead? Are they all ghosts? These friends are helping me piece together what the heck is happening

K~Terror (k-terror) | 4537 comments I'm glad it's not just me... or I'm on the same drugs...

message 48: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (new) - rated it 1 star

Okay. I'm okay now. I've heard of DID. And Bobby Brown did say he slept with ghost on 20/20 on Wednesday. He said the ghost mounted him.
So I guess it's possible ghost Lily mounted Ryan

K~Terror (k-terror) | 4537 comments Ooohhh.... Had I watched Bobby Brown's interview I probably would have caught on quicker.. ;)

Every time I think I've got a handle on things, there's a shift and I'm back to stupid

K~Terror (k-terror) | 4537 comments I guess since it's mostly through his eyes, we are getting his take on things.. and since he is part cray-cray... it's bound to be a bit disjointed..

« previous 1