Coloring, Crafts, and Culture discussion

Chat > Welcome

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sue (new)

Sue (mesue) | 9 comments Mod
Hello! Thanks for joining me over here. There are enough coloring groups on Facebook, so I decided to start one on Goodreads. Let's talk coloring, crafts, and books (podcasts, too!)...

Looks like you can add pictures into discussions if you know HTML, but it's probably better if we post pictures under the "Photos" section since other members can still comment there.

Well, this is kind of an experiment. Let's see how it goes!

Introduce yourself and tell us what you're coloring, crafting, or reading... don't be shy. Start a new thread if you want.

message 2: by Linda (new)

Linda | 1 comments Hi! I'm an author that loves arts and crafts. I don't do much these days because I write a lot, but this sounds like an interesting group! I just finished reading Where There's Smoke by Susan May Warren. Good book. A little intense. :) I finished it in one day. Christian romantic suspense. I also just finished The Street Portrait by Lillian Stewart Carl, a "British mystery." Loved some of her metaphors. It's about Scotland actually and gives a lot of information about that country. I see a series here. Interesting book. I'm looking at reading a box set of Christian romantic suspense called Smoke and Mirrors. I believe it's still on sell. can you tell I like romantic suspense and mysteries? I also write and have my own series out.

message 3: by Robin (new)

Robin Samuels (robinjsam) | 2 comments Hello! My husband just published a coloring book called Mythical Creatures: Dragons, Unicorns, and Fairies - and I'm always on Goodreads because I'm a book editor as well as a voracious reader, so I thought I'd join here! I uploaded his book to the bookshelf. Nice to meet you all!

message 4: by Jessica (new)

Jessica (darwinsmuse) | 2 comments Hi all! I've been following Suzie's work for some time now, and her miniMENTALS book is my purse-sized go-to for coloring on the go, almost every day! I'm also a contributing writer and reviewer for Color On! Magazine, where I have a monthly coloring book review column. I'm currently working on a really pretty abstract piece by artist Alice Best-Jackson, as well as some fun candy art by ColorMe Forum. Looking forward to a group that's a little different than the Facebook groups! :)

message 5: by Robin (new)

Robin Samuels (robinjsam) | 2 comments Hi Jessica - We've been looking for places to get our book reviewed. I see advertising and submissions on the Color On! webpage, but not reviews. Can you point me in the right direction?

message 6: by Jessica (new)

Jessica (darwinsmuse) | 2 comments Robin wrote: "Hi Jessica - We've been looking for places to get our book reviewed. I see advertising and submissions on the Color On! webpage, but not reviews. Can you point me in the right direction?"

Hi Robin! You can talk to me! :) I choose which book gets reviewed for each monthly issue, so if you'd like to have yours considered for it, I'd be happy to take a look! I Also do my own review blog, which is separate from the magazine, so even if it doesn't go into the magazine, it will still go on the blog and on Facebook. Feel free to email me at jjcolorzart@gmail.com so we can talk more. :)