The Mary Sue Books and More Club discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Nominations & Polls > July/August Summer Read, noms, poll & winner

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Anita (last edited Jun 27, 2016 10:29AM) (new)

Anita Fajita Pita (anitafajitapitareada) So, summer is here (yay)! Fairs, ComiCon, vacation! To keep the book club active, I thought it would be a good idea to combine July and August into either one big book or a book of short stories.

I'll leave this thread for two weeks and then put up a poll so toss out some suggestions! Would you rather read a tome or a token?

Nominations so far:
Get in Trouble
The Bus Driver Who Wanted to Be God & Other Stories
All Creatures Great and Small
North American Lake Monsters: Stories

message 2: by Chessa (new)

Chessa (chessakat) | 81 comments I'm slowly making my way through Kelly Link's collection of short stories, Get in Trouble (sorry on mobile, can't link). It's...really weird! I've loved some and been meh about others, but the good ones are REALLY good.

message 3: by Shann (new)

Shann (shannoliver) | 1 comments I love the short stories idea! I don't have many suggestions, but my favorite book is a collection of some amazing short stories by the Israeli author Etgar Keret: The Bus Driver Who Wanted to Be God & Other Stories. Highly recommend!

message 4: by Terpsgrl32 (new)

Terpsgrl32 | 56 comments If you like animal stories, I highly recommend anything by James Herriot. He was a vet in rural England starting prior to WWII. You really grow to love the people of the area reading them. All Creatures Great & Small is the 1st book.

message 5: by Anita (new)

Anita Fajita Pita (anitafajitapitareada) Okay, poll is up and can be found here. Poll will close June 30th.

Graphic novel club winner is Lumberjanes, Vol. 1: Beware the Kitten Holy by default, so no poll there.

message 6: by Anita (new)

Anita Fajita Pita (anitafajitapitareada) North American Lake Monsters: Stories is the poll winner. I'll set the book to start mid July since we got a late start on last month's reads.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.