Harry Potter discussion

Applications

Comments Showing 1-36 of 36 (36 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by QUEEN (last edited Jun 09, 2016 11:45AM) (new)

QUEEN | 126 comments Mod
Application for Hogwarts School

description

message 2: by QUEEN (last edited Jun 14, 2016 07:37AM) (new)

QUEEN | 126 comments Mod
I do not own this template at all.

→ CHARACTER INFORMATION.

Name:

Birthday:

Hometown:

Bloodline:
Muggleborn / Halfblood / Pureblood / Unknown

Magical Strength (pick one):
Divination / Transfiguration / Charms / Conjuring & Summoning

Magical Weakness (pick one):

Year (pick two): Years 1-4 are prohibited. If they are requested, the application requires extraordinary dedication and a vow to role-play said character in an exquisite form.

Biography:
If you are applying to be a fourth year or above, your biography must be at least three hundred words long.

→ ADDITIONAL INFORMATION.
Note: This section is optional, and is up to you to complete.

House Request:

Personality:
Tell us a bit about your character’s personality (likes, dislikes, fears, etc.) What are they like on a good day versus a bad one? Is your character particularly cheerful? Do they hate sunlight?

Appearance:
Briefly describe your character's appearance (hair color, build, stature, etc.) What effect does it have on their personality?

→ SAMPLE ROLEPLAY.

After the application is complete and accepted you must rp your character in the first day of their year. Until this is done your character will not be allowed to rp.

First Years

2 Years /a>

3 Years

4 Years

5 Year

6 Year

7 Year

8 Years

message 3: by Night (last edited Jun 07, 2017 04:35PM) (new)

Night | 39 comments Name: Lorelei Serestia

Birthday: January 5

Hometown: Cambridge

Bloodline: Pureblood

Magical Strength (pick one): Transfiguration

Magical Weakness (pick one): Divination

Year (pick two): 6th and 7th

Biography:
If you are applying to be a fourth year or above, your biography must be at least three hundred words long.

Lorelei's family consists of entirely purebloods, never anything else. Her family, though not supporters of Voldemort, sadly also feel that Muggles are below them. They have passed this belief onto Lorelei, and she believed it too. Until she was ten. She met a nice Muggle boy that had been accepted to Hogwarts. On their first meeting, she insulted him, because of his bloodline. However, he was not offended, instead proceeding to explain how muggles are not below purebloods. He uprooted all of her beliefs, making her upset. She called him a liar, and ran away in a fit of anger. But when she was in her room, she started to think about everything he had said. She began thinking about how maybe, just maybe, her proud pureblood family was wrong about Muggles. Maybe they were not all below purebloods. When she got the acceptance letter to Hogwarts, her family was so proud. They told her that she would be an excellent student, and that she would meet other purebloods worthy of her attention, unlike the Muggles. Lorelei, however, for these past few years, has been trying to reform herself into someone better. Someone who is not prejudiced. In her first year, she made many friends, though she did insult a few students. Just like her family had hoped, she scored excellent marks, and was the teachers' favorite student of them all. A model among the others. People looked up to her. And Lorelei hated it. She felt that it wasn't fair to the Muggle students, who had to try so hard because they had not been better prepared. So at night, she would give tutoring lessons to them, and they gradually improved. They were all very grateful to her. And finally, Lorelei felt proud. The Muggle boy had been right. Her parents were wrong. Muggles could do just as well as other students, maybe even better. She loves dueling, and is one of the best duelers known, though she tries to downplay it.

((I hope that's enough))

House Request: Slytherin

Personality:
Tell us a bit about your character’s personality (likes, dislikes, fears, etc.) What are they like on a good day versus a bad one? Is your character particularly cheerful? Do they hate sunlight?
Despite her looks, she is often very withdrawn, but with a tongue of fire. She hates attention, but secretly loves helping others, especially Muggles. She is very loyal to people she likes, and can be the most frightening thing you will ever see when you cross her. And yes, she hates the sun. She thinks it's too bright and cheerful for this sad, sad world.
Appearance:
Briefly describe your character's appearance (hair color, build, stature, etc.) What effect does it have on their personality?
Lorelei has dark hair, and is 5'8 with a slender, lean build. She holds herself up proudly, perfect posture, a habit gained from years of training in her home. However, despite her looks, she is often very withdrawn, but with a tongue of fire. She hates attention, but secretly loves helping others, especially Muggles.

QUEEN | 126 comments Mod
Night wrote: "Name: Lorelei Serestia

Birthday: January 5

Hometown: Cambridge

Magical Strength (pick one): Transfiguration
Divination / Trans..."

Perfect. Approved

message 5: by Mzzie (last edited Jun 11, 2016 09:47PM) (new)

Mzzie (mezle) | 2 comments I assume I should post the professor here as well so here she is.

Name: Lisa Ivy Clearwater

Birthday: June 5

Hometown: I don't know.

Appearance
http://lghttp.31073.nexcesscdn.net/80...

Magical Strength (pick one): Charms

Magical Weakness (pick one): Divination

Year (pick two): Professor - Charms professor, maybe?

Biography:
She comes from a long line of high class spell-casters. All of them expecting great things from their family members and they don't tolerate anything less than perfection. Well known and establish with quite the love for money and maybe even power, tho they aren’t such a bad family at all. Lisa’s family are loving in their own way, they just value success on a higher level than anything else. All her brothers and sisters have become professionals in something or other, Lisa however has been the only professor at Hogwarts in the family. So her parents see it as a bit of a failure. But Lisa doesn’t care much, or at least she doesn’t really show it as often because she does enjoy teaching. It was a dream of hers since she was a teen, thinking that it was the better option for her as she always wanted to help the young ones with their life choices. And test her hand in their creative development. For the most part tho, Lisa and her parents do get along just fine even if they do have different viewpoints on a few things. The career Lisa has chosen has also kept her from finding the right man to marry and have kids with, to which her parents also have a few personal thoughts about. It wasn’t something Lisa had planned, but she still isn’t bothered by it entirely either as young as she still is.

Additional Information:
Eye color: Light blue
Hair color: Blonde, long and curly.
Height: 5'7"
Figure: Curvy but slender

I don't know what else to add.

message 6: by Featherflight (last edited Jun 11, 2016 07:26AM) (new)

Featherflight  (featherflight) → CHARACTER INFORMATION.

Name: Evelyn Gorgia Martin

Birthday: April 26th

Hometown: New York

Bloodline: pureblood

Magical Strength (pick one): if I'm allowed then, Care of magical creatures

Magical Weakness (pick one): Transfiguration

Year (pick two): 1st and 2nd

Biography: she was born in New York and lives there with her magical family. She has a younger sister who drives her crazy even though when she was 4-6 all she would ask for was a sister. Nothing extremely good or bad really happened to her until the day where her Hogwarts letter came.

House Request: griffindor or ravenclaw

Personality: she is a little shy but if she believes she can do something she usually can. She, as I told before, doesn't like her sister, she also hates, being alone or rats. She loves her cats clover and tumble, also she likes basically any animal, and animals like her too!

Appearance:http://cache1.asset-cache.net/gc/1539...
Yep that's her

QUEEN | 126 comments Mod
UPDATED APPLICATION

Featherflight  (featherflight) ??

QUEEN | 126 comments Mod
Featherflight wrote: "??"

You have to make your application fit the new requirements.

message 10: by Jacob (new)

Jacob Hott (jacobhottlifesucksthenwedie) I'm not understanding why one must pick two years if they are making their characters here...help?

message 11: by QUEEN (new)

QUEEN | 126 comments Mod
As a choice, for me to decide which suits the character better.

message 12: by Jacob (new)

Jacob Hott (jacobhottlifesucksthenwedie) Oh cool thanks :)

message 13: by Night (last edited Jun 07, 2017 04:36PM) (new)

Night | 39 comments ((TBF))
Name: Eilidh Leviana Caligus

Birthday: October 31

Hometown: London

Bloodline:
Pureblood
Transfiguration
If possible, Care of Magical Creatures
Year (pick two): Years 1-4 are prohibited. If they are requested, the application requires extraordinary dedication and a vow to role-play said character in an exquisite form.
A Professor.
Biography:
Eilidh comes from a long line of unnaturally talented magic users, and she is quite proud of the fact. Since she was young, she has shown her natural aversion to anything that is not at her standard which is set very high. She was the child among her sisters and brothers that never wailed, never cried, never complained, just criticized, taught, and assisted. Her parent's knew from early on that she would one day become a professor. When she was 11, she portrayed an amazing knack for Transfiguration, though it was widely known that she had a dislike for creatures, save the occasional unicorn. They were, as she considered, not that elegant. it soon became obvious that she should get special classes, as the normal classes were too easy for her bright, wide mind. In her fifth year, she was able to become an Animagus, and her animal form is a Merlin falcon. She was quite pleased at that, because, Merlin was a very important magical figure, and the bird shared a name with him. but of course, that was to be expected. When she became a professor, she was well known, because of course, all of her students passed with Outstanding's, save the couple that were naturally bad students, so they weren't accounted for. She had quite the talent for teaching as well, and still remains one of the most talented teachers at Hogwarts.

House Request: Ravenclaw

Personality:
Eilidh is very strict, and NEVER the right person to cross. She does what's best for everyone, even if it's unpopular. She hates when students misbehave, and even more when they purposefully do the wrong thing. She is not afraid of punishing them as she see's fit and hopes that all of her students will pass with Outstanding's. She except's nothing less.
Appearance:
Eilidh has golden hair and grey eyes, and is tall, with perfect posture, manners, and is the ever elegant British lady. As suggested by her looks, she hates things out of place, and wants everything to always go smoothly.

message 14: by QUEEN (last edited Jun 12, 2016 11:18AM) (new)

QUEEN | 126 comments Mod
(view spoiler)

message 15: by Spades (last edited Jun 15, 2016 06:50PM) (new)

Spades (thequeenofspades) | 4 comments Name:
Elaine Soung Posner

Birthday:
April 13th

Hometown:
Minami Iwo Jima, Japan

Bloodline:
Pureblood

Charms

Transfiguration

Year (pick two): 5th or 6th

Biography:
Elaine’s father had always been interested in wand making, so he began to study the craft under Garrick Ollivander once he graduated from Hogwarts. He was sent on a trip to Japan in order to learn more about cherry wood, a prized material for wands in Asia. While he was there, he spent some time at Mahoutokoro School of Magic where he met his future wife. Elaine’s mother was born in Seoul, South Korea, but was teaching charms at the closest magic school, Mahoutokoro School of Magic. Elaine’s father ended up staying in Japan and opening a wand shop. Her parents got married and a few years later, she was born. Starting at the age of seven, she began attending Mahoutokoro School of Magic as a commuting student, and at the age of eleven, she began boarding there. She became quite good at magic, especially charms which is attributed to her mother. She also became a talented Quidditch player which is something that her father likes to take credit for. Due to her shy nature, she only had a few close friends, which didn’t bother her much since she spent most of her time practicing magic or Quidditch. She has a passion for baking, and she has always enjoyed making pastries for her friends. She even named her owl after her favorite pasty, the eclair. Despite her good grades and success in Quidditch, Elaine has a fascination with travelling and learning about different cultures around the world. Her dorm at Mahoutokoro was always decorated with postcards and maps that she liked to collect, despite only ever having traveled as far from home as South Korea. She grew up hearing stories about her father’s misadventures at Hogwarts, and she decided to study abroad for a year when she turned fourteen, although she hopes to stay for longer. She has had a bit of trouble adjusting to her life in London, but she’s deeply enamored with it. Due to her mixed cultural background, Elaine knows how to speak English, Korean, and Japanese, making the transition a bit smoother. Despite being the daughter of two pure-blooded wizards, Elaine has never been prejudiced against those who were born under different circumstances. Often times, she would seek them out because often they had trouble making friends just like her. They liked to call themselves 'The Mahoutokoro Misfits' and they would often study and hang out together. While leaving her friends behind caused her a lot of pain, she is excited to meet new people at Hogwarts. Due to her worldly background, she is an open-minded individual with an insatiable curiosity about the world around her.

House Request: Ravenclaw

Personality:
Elaine is intelligent and studious. Because of her shy personality and unusual cultural background, Elaine has always found herself being left out and with only a few close friends. She doesn't really mind because she's too busy studying magic or practicing Quidditch to worry about it. She tends to prefer the quiet, but nothing beats the sound of people cheering during a Quidditch match.

Appearance:

Elaine has long dark brown hair which is normally pulled into pigtails or braids so that it stays out of her way when she's practicing magic. She's 5'3", making her fairly average for a girl her age. She has good posture, and a quick stride despite her height.

Other:

Elaine has an owl that she named Eclair.

message 16: by QUEEN (last edited Jun 14, 2016 07:42AM) (new)

QUEEN | 126 comments Mod
Spades wrote: "Name:
Elaine Soung Posner

Birthday:
April 13th

Hometown:
Minami Iwo Jima, Japan

Bloodline:
Pureblood

Charms

Transfiguration

Yea..."

I apologize but the Biography requires a lot of words and half of it contains her parents biography. I understand thats not stated but the biography should really be only about her from birth to current status. Please fix.
As stated before:
Year (pick two): Years 1-4 are prohibited. If they are requested, the application requires extraordinary dedication and a vow to role-play said character in an exquisite form. If you're leaning towards a 4th year you're really gonna have to expand upon personality of Elaine.

Elaine is extremely intelligent, and is perhaps better versed in magic history than other students at Hogwarts seeing as she started her studies four years before them.
Ok, ok. I'd like you to change that because although RavenClaw is an intelligent house-does not mean she knows and or is advanced in any form of magic than other students. If she was, she wouldn't have much of a need to attend Hogwarts.

message 17: by Spades (new)

Spades (thequeenofspades) | 4 comments Is there any specific reason that years 1-4 need to be so detailed? I'll change her to a year 5, but I'm just curious. And I'll fix the biography, I just felt like her parent's history was pretty important to understand certain aspects about her, but I see where you're coming from.

I'll change it, but she will likely be slightly more advanced because she's been attending a school of magic since she was seven years old, unlike students at Hogwarts who begin studying at eleven. She's kind of like an exchange student, although she'll probably stay for a few years instead of one.

message 18: by QUEEN (new)

QUEEN | 126 comments Mod
As I mentioned before I don't want it veering any way to "advanced" as it can soon develop into god modding.

message 19: by Spades (new)

Spades (thequeenofspades) | 4 comments Is it better now? And is there any specific reason that students from years 1-4 need to be so detailed? I can make her a year 5, but I've always felt like Harry Potter roleplays are more fun when you start with a younger character and roleplay them as they grow up.

message 20: by QUEEN (new)

QUEEN | 126 comments Mod
because younger is really boring to rp on both sides. they aren't as developed as 5-8 years and have more to offer in role-plays

message 21: by Spades (new)

Spades (thequeenofspades) | 4 comments I can see where you're coming from. Is Elaine okay now, or are there more things that you want me to change?

message 22: by QUEEN (new)

QUEEN | 126 comments Mod
Ill look tomorroe exhausted rn

message 23: by QUEEN (new)

QUEEN | 126 comments Mod
@ spade

Elaine is approved. Please go post her first rp in the apperoproate firat year sextion in the general foler thank u. Happy roleplaying :)

message 24: by Hani (last edited Jun 22, 2016 09:37PM) (new)

Hani (HaniSammy) | 4 comments (◕‿◕✿) Queen wrote: "I do not own this template at all.

→ CHARACTER INFORMATION.

Name: Hani Samantha Wellington

Birthday: August 14

Hometown: Malaysia

Bloodline: Halfblood

Magical Strength (pick one): Charms
Divination ..."

Magical Weakness: Divination

Year: 5th or 6th

message 25: by QUEEN (new)

QUEEN | 126 comments Mod
Preferably 6th please

message 26: by Hani (new)

Hani (HaniSammy) | 4 comments (◕‿◕✿) Queen wrote: "Preferably 6th please"

gotcha...

message 27: by QUEEN (new)

QUEEN | 126 comments Mod
Ill read ovee hers tomorrow unless u wanna send me the appicqtion in a pm

message 28: by Hani (new)

Hani (HaniSammy) | 4 comments (◕‿◕✿) Queen wrote: "Ill read ovee hers tomorrow unless u wanna send me the appicqtion in a pm"
I'm currently heading to a class so u can readthe application later...

message 29: by QUEEN (new)

QUEEN | 126 comments Mod
Ok

message 30: by QUEEN (new)

QUEEN | 126 comments Mod
@sappbire

Can u relost the application? I canr find it...

message 31: by Hani (new)

Hani (HaniSammy) | 4 comments (◕‿◕✿) Queen wrote: "@sappbire

Can u relost the application? I canr find it..."

The name on the application is Hani Samantha Wellington

message 32: by QUEEN (new)

QUEEN | 126 comments Mod
i do no see the application

message 33: by QUEEN (new)

QUEEN | 126 comments Mod
can you repost it or soemthing

message 34: by QUEEN (new)

QUEEN | 126 comments Mod

description
Name: Melody

Birthday: December 31st.

Hometown: England

description

Bloodline: To be revealed

Magical Strength (pick one): Divination

Magical Weakness (pick one): Charms

description

Biography:

House Request:

description

Personality:

Appearance:

Melody is a tall beautiful red-head with a cool temper that burns like ice.

description

message 35: by Lalalanmao (new)

Lalalanmao | 1 comments Name: Alevia Nebula

Birthday: June 13

Bloodline:
Muggleborn

Charms

Divination

Year (pick two): 6th and 7th
Biography:
Alevia is from a family of pure muggles. She was the first in the family to get into Hogwarts. As she went to Hogwarts, she learned as a Muggleborn, she would have to work extra hard. She received top marks in all her classes except divination (which she quit later to take Arithmancy), Her teachers loved her. When she took her OWLS, she received O's on everything except Divination. She enjoys reading. Her history in Hogwarts was she was determined to show everyone a Muggleborn could be outstanding. In her spare time, she translates ruins, brews potions, and practices charms. She also has a surge of bravery. Whenever someone bullies her, she stands up for herself making her a talented speaker. One flaw could correlate with that. Because of her fiery boldness, several of her fellow students think of her as a fraud (because teachers love her yet her boldness might make people fear her.) She also has a connection to animals. When she was in her first few years, she learned to love the beauty of nature as a way to calm herself down. She loves dueling and is very good at it thanks to her skill in charms. She is also very agile thanks to her size. She enjoys playing quidditch as a chaser. She also learned to pass her time off by playing pranks. Alevia also grew to learn she was an animargous that turned into a dove. She grew quite attached to Hogwarts and wanted to learn more of its history. She would spend several times a day, talking to ghost and even paying attention in Hogwarts a History. Alevia is ready to prove to the wisarding world that Muggleborns are not that bad.
(Is this ok)

House Request: gryffindor

Personality:
Alevia is very cheerful, almost always in a good mood. But when she is in a bad mood, be careful. When she is in a bad mood, her spirits are very fiery and easy to be pushed over the edge. When she is in a good mood, she is very playful. She pulls pranks on people. Alevia likes sports, books, pranks, potions, nature, and charms. She does not like 'snobby' people who think they are above all and divination. Her personality is a little bit of a secret. She only reveals what she wants which means most think very little of her. She is very loving and caring.

Appearance:
Her body is short (4 ft. 6 in.) and slender. This allows her to be a very good prankster and chaser. Her long curly hair is black with streaks of brown that glitter in the sun. Her eyes are brown with lines of black. Her skin is tan thanks to the amount of time she spends outside. She sits straight thanks to practice on a broom, but her walk is more like a hop. Her appearance is fiercely beautiful unlike most girls.
@(◕‿◕✿) q υ є є η is this ok

message 36: by QUEEN (new)

QUEEN | 126 comments Mod
an image is required.

Lalalanmao wrote: "Name: Alevia Nebula

Birthday: June 13

Bloodline:
Muggleborn

Charms