Casual Readers discussion

Buddy Reads > Blackout - Mira Grant - May 9

Comments Showing 1-28 of 28 (28 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

Anybody want to read this one yet? I know some people are still reading the second book. No hurries. I just have a loan from the library and don't want it to expire without getting the book read.

message 2: by Angie (new)

Angie | 623 comments I read it last year Cindy and its so awesome!! I love Shaun in all three of these books, I think he's my favourite character:-)

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

I just feel really sorry for him Angie. God love him. He's been through a lot.

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

This one is SO good. Hope someone catches up soon so I can have someone to talk with about this one :D

☆Joycedale☆ | 307 comments I plan to start it tomorrow, just finished Deadline.

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

Yea! Sorry I had to start before you but I have to stag books when they become available from the library or I lose out.

☆Joycedale☆ | 307 comments Its ok, I completely understand that.

☆Joycedale☆ | 307 comments (view spoiler)
This has started out awesome.

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

Yep, that's the scoop. So glad you are reading this one with me!

message 10: by Angie (new)

Angie | 623 comments I've read it but I can keep up with the talk with you guys if that's all right, I'd reread the book but I'm still having to go easy with things. Its driving me crazy now,lol. But the beginning of this book is very good. I loved the whole series and read them back to back. They're very detailed with lots of new ideas than in a lot of other zombie books.

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

Feel free to join in on the discussion Angie! The more the merrier.

message 12: by ☆Joycedale☆ (new)

☆Joycedale☆ | 307 comments How could Mira Grant skip over the takedown of a zombie bear?

I have to say I wasn't surprised that (view spoiler)
I know this whole time we've been told what horrible parents they are but the fact that they're are only helping Shaun to get Georgia's files is awful.

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

What chapter are you on Joycedale? I don't want to read the spoiler if I'm not there yet.

message 14: by ☆Joycedale☆ (new)

☆Joycedale☆ | 307 comments I just finished chapter 16

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm on Chapter 36. Good, maybe I'll back off this one for a day or two. It isn't due back till the 19th now. They let me renew it for seven days a couple of days ago. It's getting REALLY good.

message 16: by Natasa, co-moderator (new)

Natasa (natasa79) | 149 comments Mod
Guys, I'm currently reading Consider Phlebas so when I finish it, I'll probably join you, well not probably but most certanly :) I just have to know how the book develops as the ending left me like wtf?!!! in a positive sense :)))
Hope you're enjoying it and hope I'll be joining you soon ;)

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

Join us! The more the merrier!

message 18: by ☆Joycedale☆ (new)

☆Joycedale☆ | 307 comments Wow you're so much further than me. I think 4 buddy reads plus one other book must be too much for me lol.

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

Don't worry about it Joycedale. I was able to finish Fire and Ash and now I'm attempting to finish The Book Thief while I wait for you to catch up. It's worked out good for me.

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

Not rushing you at all. Just curious what part you're up to Joycedale.

message 21: by ☆Joycedale☆ (new)

☆Joycedale☆ | 307 comments I finished either 30 or 31. (view spoiler)

message 22: by [deleted user] (new)

Cool. I might go on and start reading a little more because I have to give it back the 19th. And thank you for accepting the friend request.

message 23: by Natasa, co-moderator (new)

Natasa (natasa79) | 149 comments Mod
☆Joycedale☆ wrote: "I finished either 30 or 31. [spoilers removed]"

How many chapters are there?

message 24: by [deleted user] (new)

message 25: by ☆Joycedale☆ (new)

☆Joycedale☆ | 307 comments Just finished chapter 36. I can't believe how far up this goes! (view spoiler)

message 26: by [deleted user] (new)

Yep, it's spelled right. From now on out it gets really good. Lots of action.

message 27: by ☆Joycedale☆ (new)

☆Joycedale☆ | 307 comments You know annoys me? Everytime they take a blood text it says "the needle bit". It drives me crazy, why not say stabbed or poked? But no, every single time its bit.

message 28: by [deleted user] (new)

Never really thought about that, but it's true. Wonder why they did that?