Support for Indie Authors discussion

Archived Marketing No New Posts > New Project - PWYF Novelette - any advice welcome

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Joseph (last edited Jun 09, 2016 06:05AM) (new)

Joseph J. Wood (JosephJWood) | 4 comments Hi.

So I have a piece that's about 10,000 words. I figure this is too long to be sending out to short story magazines, for a couple of reasons. And the story itself shouldn't be cut down and shouldn't be any longer - it can't stretch to novel length.

So I figure I'd publish it myself as an ebook, which would be priced as "Pay What You Feel."

I'm pretty much set on this, so I was just wondering if anyone had any experience in any area of this. I've published a novel on Kindle myself so I have a little experience of publishing and marketing.

So what do people think?

Would be good to hear specifically about anyone's experience with PWYF e-book sites (both uploading and downloading) and any advice on reviewers (are there reviewers for 10,000 word books?) But any advice or ideas or anything is welcome. :)

message 2: by Morris (new)

Morris Graham (morris_g) I would not publish 10,000 words. Hold onto it and write other short stories and when you get, say 60,000, publish it as a collection.