21st Century Literature discussion

Administration > Old Discussions, Test Links, Construction Work

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Whitney (last edited Jun 08, 2016 07:50PM) (new)

Whitney | 2102 comments Mod
I'm sure people have noticed some odd test links going up around here. Just to explain, Hugh and Luella and busy being incredibly awesome and organizing the older book discussions with indexes, links, and alphabetizing that will make them much easier for people to find and comment on; and will also help minimize folder use. So excuse the dust for a few days, the shiny new edifice will be totally worth it!

message 2: by Maureen (new)

Maureen | 124 comments Whitney wrote: "I'm sure people have noticed some odd test links going up around here. Just to explain, Hugh and Luella and busy being incredibly awesome and organizing the older book discussions with indexes, lin..."

Thanks to all for this work on our behalf!

message 3: by Hugh (last edited Feb 22, 2017 04:57AM) (new)

Hugh (bodachliath) | 2624 comments Mod
I think Luella and I (with a bit of help from Whitney) have now completed the indexes. I have just added a few more links to each of them so that you can navigate between the various indexes more easily. Since I have them to hand, this is the complete set:

2016 index
2015 index
2014 index
2013 index
2012 index

2017 links
2016 links
2015 links
2014 links
2013 links
2012 links

message 4: by Hugh (new)

Note that all 2016 discussions have now been archived. Let me know if you have any problems with the links and indexes!

message 5: by Hugh (new)

I have now archived all discussions up to April 2019, and made the necessary changes to the indexes.

This was necessitated by an annoying recent change to the way groups work. Groups are limited to 100 discussion folders. There has always been an "edit folders" page that allows us to re-order or delete folders, but a couple of months ago that page was changed by GoodReads, and it is now limited to the first 50 folders in the list, with no page 2.

Since new folders get created at the bottom of the list, lists of more than 50 folders were becoming a nightmare for moderators to maintain, and this latest batch of archiving has brought the total down to a more manageable 43.

All of our discussions are still visible in the archive folders.