What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Adult/historical romance/soldier; young boy being jealous of the heroine, somehow convinces her to leave the safety of the fort in the middle of the night, possibly with the aid of a young native boy...?

Comments Showing 1-19 of 19 (19 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Nicole (new)

Nicole | 10 comments read this within the last 5 years but i feel like it may have been a non new book at that point. I only vaguely remember the plot and it's driving me bonkers that i can't remember more! :) Can't for the life of me remember anyone's names. I know the hero was a soldier and they were at a fort for the majority of the book. There was a young boy, the son of a higher in command soldier who liked the hero a lot, and being jealous of the heroine, somehow convinces her to leave the safety of the fort in the middle of the night, possibly with the aid of a young native boy...? The hero finds out after the fact and then it gets dangerous with him trying to get her back to safety....And then i can't remember much else after that. Does this ring a bell with anyone?

message 2: by Kris (new)

Kris | 34448 comments Mod
Nicole, what's the location/country and time period?

message 3: by Nicole (new)

Nicole | 10 comments Definitely the US....But not sure the state. And 1850's ish.

message 4: by Kris (new)

Who is the heroine's father or family? Is she a widow?
How and when did she arrive at the fort?

message 5: by Nicole (new)

Nicole | 10 comments To my rememberence, she's single and fairly young. I believe the hero brought her to the fort, possibly for safety reasons....?

message 6: by ``Laurie (new)

``Laurie (laurielynette) | 1039 comments https://www.goodreads.com/list/show/2...

Nicole, this list might help you find your book.

message 7: by Josie (new)

Josie | 30 comments Was the civil war a big part of the book?

message 8: by Nicole (new)

Nicole | 10 comments Working my way through the list, looking for anything familiar. :) Thank you! I don't remember the war being a huge factor, just soldiers, and the fort. I'm not super helpful. Lol. I have toddlers. My brain is fried. :p

message 9: by ``Laurie (new)

``Laurie (laurielynette) | 1039 comments I'll just throw Soldier Blue out there because it does involve a soldier and a girl trying to escape from Indians around the time you indicated in your query. I believe there was a '60's movie adapted from this book too so the book was well known in its time.

message 10: by Nicole (new)

Nicole | 10 comments I don't believe it's soldier blue, after reading the description. Still working my way through the other posted list. Thank you! :)

message 11: by Nicole (new)

Nicole | 10 comments Still searching. :)

message 12: by Nicole (new)

message 13: by Perspehone (new)

Perspehone | 10 comments Hmmm, was it one of the books in the historical trilogy written by Pamela Clare?

message 14: by Kris (new)

Blakewell/Kenleigh Family Trilogy by Pamela Clare and mentioned by Persephone - www.goodreads.com/series/43351-blakew...

message 15: by Nicole (new)

Nicole | 10 comments I read the info on all those, don't think it's those.... :(

message 16: by Nicole (new)

message 17: by Nicole (new)

Nicole | 10 comments ;)

message 18: by Kris (new)

Please note the bump period for this large group is 30+ days -- or sooner if you remember more information.

message 19: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 38241 comments Mod
Nicole, are you still looking for this or did you find it?

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Soldier Blue (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Pamela Clare (other topics)