What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. YA book, possibly series. AU but set in England. Young girl who lives with her father but is in a gang. Gets picked up by these patrols and sent to this place where you can become a yellow or red jacket to hunt these monster like things [s]

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Camille (new)

Camille Glosecki | 2 comments I read this book last year but i do believe it came out before then. No earlier than 2011 i think.

AU where the city is divided into sectors. Each sector has a gang and a gang leader. But the city itself is run by these strange beings from another place(not aliens).

Main Character was a female, i think all the characters had some kind of supernatural power but hers in particular was very special. Her gang leader is kind of a dick. Her dad i want to say was a scientist of some kind. One night when shes home a patrol that picks up people for what reason i cant remember breaks in and tries to capture her. but she gets away briefly but ends up getting sent to this place thought to not actually exist. there shes assigned to one of the strange beings who almost never takes people in. in an attempt to not throw spoilers all over the place, their relationship improves greatly thru out the series.

The strange place she gets sent to forces the captives to be in groups, yellow jackets and red jackets. I think the red jackets were the one to be sent out to hunt these monsters that come through what i know 100% to be called "cold spots" in the book.

I can give more detail to anyone who thinks they might know the series but if i continue to write more im worried ill spoil the whole damn thing.

message 2: by Evie (new)

Evie Laurent (evielaurent) | 1 comments Think it might be The Bone Season

message 3: by Camille (new)

Camille Glosecki | 2 comments Yes!!!!! Thank you so so so much! I literally spent hours yesterday looking. I couldn't for the life of me remember the title or the characters names. You're seriously the best person in the world right now, thank you :)