Books on the Nightstand discussion

Postal Book Clubs > Postal Book Group - The Literary Agents -FULL

Comments Showing 1-50 of 144 (144 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Shannon (new)

Shannon Navin (ndgrad95) | 32 comments Hi...I've been dying to join one of these groups so I decided it was time to start one. I'd like to challenge myself to read 1 book per month so I'd really like to have 12 folks (US) who can commit for the year. If you are interested, comment below and I'll post the 'rules' and get us all introduced and kicked off! I'm willing to read a good book across any genre.

message 2: by Pat (new)

Pat | 160 comments I'm interested.

message 3: by Laura Ellis (new)

Laura Ellis | 88 comments I'm interested.

message 4: by D.Ann (new)

D.Ann | 28 comments I'm interested.

message 5: by Trudy (new)

Trudy | 12 comments I'm interested.

message 6: by Jody (new)

Jody Sunderland | 63 comments I am interested

message 7: by Leslee (new)

Leslee (palburns) | 20 comments Count me in!

message 8: by melodie (new)

melodie b | 308 comments I thinking

message 9: by Shannon (new)

Shannon Navin (ndgrad95) | 32 comments Well we are up to 6 and one considering it in less than a day! Hopefully by early next week we'll have a full house and may be able to begin at June end! Thanks to all who have expressed interest!

message 10: by Susan (new)

Susan | 112 comments I've also been dying to be in one of these groups and have always been too late signing up. Count me in!

message 11: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Wilson | 22 comments Me too please!

message 12: by Shannon (new)

Shannon Navin (ndgrad95) | 32 comments Ok...that's 8-9! I'm sure we'll find a few more this weekend and I'll reach out early next week! In the meantime, please send me via email your name, mailing address and email address so I can start compiling our list.

message 13: by Shannon (new)

Shannon Navin (ndgrad95) | 32 comments Sorry...by 'via email,' I mean please direct message me!

message 14: by Shannon (new)

Shannon Navin (ndgrad95) | 32 comments Also forgot to count myself!!! So theoretically, we may only need two more!

message 15: by Shannon (new)

Shannon Navin (ndgrad95) | 32 comments Got it! Thanks, Pat! Not sure what the problem is. A few others came through...

message 16: by Pat (new)

Pat | 160 comments Probably me.

message 17: by Sharman (new)

Sharman (dsei) | 45 comments Pat, you may want to delete your post containing your address and email once Shannon has the info. Your information goes out to everyone not just the people writing on this thread. Don't mean to be nosy, but wanted to make sure your info stays safe.

message 18: by Pat (new)

Pat | 160 comments Thank you. I need to know how to send a direct msg.

message 19: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Wilson | 22 comments I don't know where the direct message feature is? Or how to use it? I'm a bit of a Luudite? Michelle

message 20: by Shannon (new)

Shannon Navin (ndgrad95) | 32 comments Click on my name. It'll bring up my profile. Click Message.

message 21: by Pat (new)

Pat | 160 comments Michelle, so I'm not the only one.......

message 22: by Shannon (new)

Shannon Navin (ndgrad95) | 32 comments We welcome all...including Luddites! :)

message 23: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Wilson | 22 comments No Pat, you are not the only one. As much as computers help me, I think they dislike me intensely! Things that many find intuitive are simply lost on me! Now we both learned something!

That's why I wanted to do one of these groups because we actually use paper/pens and snail mail!
Michelle

message 24: by D.Ann (new)

D.Ann | 28 comments Are there certain genres we need to choose from when picking our book?

message 25: by Shannon (new)

Shannon Navin (ndgrad95) | 32 comments I had said a 'good book' from any genre in my original post and I'll stand by that! There are particular genres that I don't care for but I see this as an opportunity to get introduced to works others liked from those genres. I assume others who responded to my post feel the same. As soon as we 'kick off,' I'll have everyone send me their pick so I can ensure we don't have any dupes, then I'll get the 'rules' up and send you each the name and address if the person you send to each month.

message 26: by Pat (new)

Pat | 160 comments Looking forward to it.

message 27: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (lustforyourmom) | 12 comments I'd LOVE to join!!

message 28: by melodie (new)

melodie b | 308 comments notebook and how many pages per book is there one

message 29: by Shannon (new)

Shannon Navin (ndgrad95) | 32 comments I will post our guidelines when the group is full but approx 300 pages.

message 30: by melodie (new)

melodie b | 308 comments tjank

message 31: by Shannon (new)

Shannon Navin (ndgrad95) | 32 comments I have addresses and emails for 9 people now. Please get my your info by Monday if you wish to participate. We'll 'go' with whomever we have (up to 12) by then.

message 32: by melodie (new)

melodie b | 308 comments I going to step out

message 33: by Laura Ellis (new)

Laura Ellis | 88 comments I was wondering about the page limit. Is it ok if a book is just a little over the 300 pages?

message 34: by Shannon (new)

Shannon Navin (ndgrad95) | 32 comments Of course!! Guidelines, not rules! Just want to make it reasonable to finish in 30 days. :)

message 35: by D.Ann (new)

D.Ann | 28 comments The one I'm contemplating on sending is 392 pages, but it moves at a good pace. I read it within about a week and a half.

message 36: by Laura Ellis (new)

Laura Ellis | 88 comments Thanks Shannon!

message 37: by Shannon (new)

Shannon Navin (ndgrad95) | 32 comments Please send me a PM with your name an address by 5 pm Sunday (19th). I'll be finalizing our list of participants, sending out guidelines and asking you to let me know what book you will be sending (sent to me privately as most prefer to be surprised). I plan to do that tomorrow night so I'm going to cut off additions to the group at 5! I'll confirm those I have info from before closing so, if you've already sent, no worries!!

message 38: by Shannon (new)

Shannon Navin (ndgrad95) | 32 comments These are the confirmed names I have so far:

Pat
Elizabeth
DAnn
Leslee
Michelle
Laura
Susan
Jody
Shannon

That's 9! If 3 more people want in before 5 tomorrow, we have room.

message 39: by Shannon (new)

Shannon Navin (ndgrad95) | 32 comments Some groups give 2 months for the book received in November (due to the holidays)...what do we think?

message 40: by D.Ann (new)

D.Ann | 28 comments I think more time during the holidays is always a good thing.

message 41: by Moshe (new)

Moshe Mikanovsky (mmikanovsky) I would love to join but I live in Toronto... Not sure if that will work

message 42: by Pat (new)

Pat | 160 comments I thought the groups all gave 2 months. My other one does. I just recd a 425-page book!! thankful for 2 months. But if we stick to 300-325 pages one month should work.

message 43: by Pat (new)

Pat | 160 comments Just read D'Ann's post. If it reads fast......

message 44: by Shannon (new)

Shannon Navin (ndgrad95) | 32 comments Ok ladies! Our group is now closed. Here are the much awaited guidelines:

Pick out a book (~300 pages...we need to be able to finish it in 30 days) and a new smallish notebook. You will mail the book with the notebook every month so keep shipping in mind when you pick your notebook.

Write a little bio about yourself (and perhaps why you picked this book...no spoilers) on the first page of the notebook.

Send your book and notebook to your assigned person by June 30th. You will always mail to the same person.

Pat to
Elizabeth to
DAnn to
Leslee to
Michelle to
Laura to
Susan to
Jody to
Shannon to Pat

We will mail by the last day of each month.

June 30th
July 31st
Aug 31st
September 30th
October 31st
November 30th
January 31st
February 28th

Read the book you receive and make notes about it in the notebook provided. Then, send it on before the last day of the next month!!

I will be reaching out via PM with the name and address if your person tonight!

Let me know if you have questions!

message 45: by D.Ann (new)

D.Ann | 28 comments I'm going to change my selection to one that has less pages. The one I was thinking of went fast for me, but just in case it doesn't for others, I'm going to pick another one.

message 46: by Pat (new)

Pat | 160 comments I'm happy with 30 days. Keeps me on my toes.

message 47: by Shannon (new)

Shannon Navin (ndgrad95) | 32 comments Just a reminder: get those books in the mail by Thursday! If you need anything, let me know!

message 48: by Pat (new)

Pat | 160 comments Mine will go out to Elizabeth tomorrow.

message 49: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (lustforyourmom) | 12 comments I'm so excited!!

message 50: by Shannon (new)

Shannon Navin (ndgrad95) | 32 comments Anybody get a book yet? I need Pat's address. It got deleted from the comments (appropriately) and I never received it directly! Excited to see what's coming!!!

« previous 1 3