What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Suggest books for me > Historical Romance - Really scarred hero

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Amy (last edited Jun 09, 2016 05:33PM) (new)

Amy Diaz | 224 comments I read a book called To Beguile a Beast by Elizabeth Hoyt and I hope to find more books like this one. Historical Romance novels, one where the hero is badly scared not just burnt ones or lost one eye. Maybe he lost a hand, a leg.

Either a pirate or a lord or earl any one of those. I hunger for this please let me know.

message 2: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 37538 comments Mod
Jane Eyre if you don't mind classics.

message 3: by Kris (new)

Kris | 32068 comments Mod
Note: edited the header to read "scarred" hero.

message 4: by MJ (new)

MJ | 1322 comments Huh, there's a book I read about... something (helpful, I know), but am pretty sure the second book was about a 'minced up' (not trying to be rude) H who was a friend of H&hBK1. From memory, he survived when they all thought him dead, but he was so messed up, he decided to stay hidden. Think it was going to be about him deciding to go after his fiancée who was about to marry another since he was dead.

Was historic. Will try and track down bk1.

message 5: by MJ (new)

MJ | 1322 comments Modern, so not sure if they're what you're looking for, but the Burnout series is good, and has 2 bks that have scarred/amputee cast.
Dahlia West, Shooter & bk4 or so is Easy

message 6: by Amy (new)

Amy Diaz | 224 comments Lobstergirl wrote: "Jane Eyre if you don't mind classics."

Read it and loved it.

message 7: by KRGirl (new)

KRGirl | 12 comments Here are two off the top of my head:

Simply Love Hero is scarred terribly and missing an arm.

The Admiral's Penniless Bride Hero is missing a hand.

message 8: by Anna (new)

Anna | 518 comments Alias Hook by Lisa Jensen Alias Hook Hero is a pirate and is missing a hand so I think it fits:).

message 9: by MJ (new)

MJ | 1322 comments MJ wrote: "Huh, there's a book I read about... something (helpful, I know), but am pretty sure the second book was about a 'minced up' (not trying to be rude) H who was a friend of H&hBK1. From memory, he sur..."

An Undeniable Rogue is bk1
The Rogues Club: A Boxed Set

message 11: by Dakota (new)

Dakota (queendakota) | 37 comments I liked Seven Nights in a Rogue's Bed by Anna Campbell. No amputations, but the psychological damage done was interesting.

message 12: by Renee (new)

Renee | 14 comments The Raven Prince also Elizabeth Hoyt and Mary jo Putney has a book about an armless soldier one of the rouges.

message 13: by Alma (new)

Alma | 30 comments The Unlacing of Mis Leigh is part of the Pleasurably Undone anthology. Also there is one called Beauty and the Scarred Hero.

message 14: by Alma (new)

Alma | 30 comments Sorry. That was supposed to say *Miss*.

message 15: by Teri-K (new)

Teri-K | 302 comments I really liked The Arrangement by Mary Balogh. He was blinded in the war. (I loved some of this series, hated others. But they don't all fit your criteria anyway.) Try Simply Love by her, too.

The hero of The Captive by Grace Burrowes was tortured and has physical and emotional scars.