What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > American Historical Fiction-Civil war time?

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Shanna_redwind (last edited Jun 27, 2018 05:35PM) (new)

Shanna_redwind | 860 comments I read this book between 5 and 12 years ago. (Around 2005-2011) It was a recorded book so I'm not sure how old the original publication was and I can't remember if it was tapes or CD.

This was a historical fiction, perhaps set in the Civil War time. It was not a harlequin or bodice buster type romance, though it may have been a romance, I can't remember.

A girl late teen or young adult, lost everything somehow. Not sure how. She had to go into a trunk that had her families old stuff in it and pull out her mother's and grandmother's outdated clothing to wear.

Either she didn't have a hat, or she lost hers, which was a big deal because without one she was seen as someone who was not desirable to have in your vicinity. She stole someone's hat.

At one point she bought or was given eggs for a journey. They were boiled and waxed to keep them fresh and edible for a long time.

I think she walks a long way, but I don't know where she was going. I can only remember the beginning of the book for some reason though I'm sure I finished it.

message 2: by Shanna_redwind (new)

Shanna_redwind | 860 comments bump

message 3: by Shanna_redwind (new)

message 4: by Shanna_redwind (new)

Shanna_redwind | 860 comments Bump for the new year

message 5: by Shanna_redwind (new)

Shanna_redwind | 860 comments Bump

message 6: by Shanna_redwind (new)

message 7: by Shanna_redwind (new)